Trade Journal Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by aleshinsky, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Yes, this Trading Diary Pro software has potential. I'm wondering if they will support more brokers in the near future. It is a great start though. If they can support OEC statements then I think I've found my solution to replace Excel for trade management.

#11     Apr 5, 2010
  2. sf631

sf631

A couple of thoughts after two days working with TradingDiaryPro.

Initial imrpessions were good, not great. It had a number of handy views (win/loss %, expectancy, etc...) but lacked a lot of refinements, like being able to click to drill down into a chart bar, see portfolio measures like std dev, sharpe ratio, etc... It also was a bit unstable and at the moment I get a fatal error message every time I launch the app. Planning to uninstall and reinstall.

The price is right, and valuable if you're going to journal or if you don't already have an XLS built and don't care to. Otherwise, good not great.

I did happen to find a new option - WealthLabPro, which is something I've used for over a year for strategy development, but never thought of it to assess my past trades (charting my entries & exits). Turns out there's an extension (http://www2.wealth-lab.com/WL5WIKI/Default.aspx?Page=RealTrades&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1) already built to do this, and I presume you get all the performance visualizers including performance stats, equity curve, drawdown, etc... Plus, it's very extensible with .NET coding.

Thanks for the replies, I think I've found the best answer for me.

#12     Apr 7, 2010
  3. I have been using stockTickr for a few weeks and am very happy with it. I have learned quite a bit about my trading.

Specifically I have improved in 2 areas:
    It has shown me times of day that are good for me and times of day that are bad. I am now limiting the reversal times that I enter trades.
    It is helping me be more selective on my trades in respect to risk / reward.

The customer service is top notch!

Warren

#13     Apr 19, 2010
  4. Here's a brand new kid on the block:

http://www.ultimatetradeanalyzer.com

I just sat thru a good portion of their presentation.
    It is a highly sophisticated Excel spreadsheet.

Will probably make sense to a lot of high frequency traders. Not for me since I don't belong to this category.

#14     Apr 21, 2010
  5. jixiang

jixiang

#15     Jun 22, 2012
  6. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

#16     May 8, 2017