Trade Issue Paper Trails

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by birzos, Nov 4, 2016.

1. birzos

birzos

For your brokerage account, stocks, futures, bonds, options, if you have a trade issue does your broker provide a paper trail logging the initial issue and provide updates via support tickets and/or emails.

2. CyJackX

CyJackX

IB has a list of trade executions. I'm sure they do in the case they need to bust something.

3. birzos

birzos

Thanks for the reply, not quite what I meant. If you have an active trade anomaly and go to your broker, is the discussion logged via tickets or do you discuss it over the phone.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Most brokers create a ticket for these issues.

5. birzos

birzos

Thanks for that, it's what I thought so presume your company does. I am trying to gauge which brokers do this and which brokers are phone only, something interesting happened this week. Also trying to document the clearing chain as it's starting to be become more opaque.

Have been informed that hedge funds are increasing their seats at the exchanges, and have been given a heads up that part of the reason for this might filter in to retail.

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I know know what this statement means. What exchanges and how does this relate to email chains?

7. birzos

birzos

It's regarding transparency, whether the issue is tracked with that specific broker.