Trade Ideas Subscription

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GotherL, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 777

In discussion, people are judged by the strength of the ideas they share.

Yours ideas are weak, as many knowledgable posters have pointed out.

You do not have the skills to put you close to your goal.. but you do not yet know this. You do not even understand the big picture well. However, there is some chance you may be able to change these things.

Perhaps you will quietly reflect on the two pieces of advice I offered you in another thread:

1. Try to develop personal relationships with professional traders; gurus-for-hire do not count.

This is not impossible for most aspiring winners to pull off but it should be your goal.

Be around people whose behaviors are better than yours and you may drift in that direction.

2. Read Traders of the New Era to get a feel for how winning traders think about their craft.

This is the most recent collection of interviews of mostly winning traders that I know of.

#31     Aug 12, 2018
  2. smallfil

smallfil

Timothy Sykes actually made monies day trading the stockmarket. I bought a couple of his DVDs out of curiosity in the used DVD market. There is a lot of fluff in his DVDs and he was not clear in discussing the setups. His biggest problem is he lacks risk management in his trading. He actually, owned a hedge fund with $10 million capital in it, most from an investor friend. He lost a good chunk of it because he did not cut his losses in one stock he had the monies on! Eventually, he closed and liquidated the hedge fund. He was featured on Wall Street Warriors too.

#32     Aug 12, 2018
  3. 777

Getting a friend to give him 10 million to trade as a "hedgefund" shows what a GREAT hustler Timothy Sykes is.

Thanks for the reply and the interesting story.

* Risk control is part of trading.

#33     Aug 12, 2018
  4. GotherL

GotherL

Can we please just lock this thread? I can't deal with the massive cesspool of pessimistics on here who want to look like a smartass.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    #34     Aug 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.