Trade-Ideas Seminar in San Diego

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by cashonly, Jun 6, 2006.

1. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Are there any ET'ers going to the Trade-Ideas seminar in San Diego on the 16th of June? (http://www.trade-ideas.com/Seminar/)

I'll be there, so let me know if you will. It would be good to meet some like minded ET'ers.

Cash

2. Okay so let me get this straight

I get to pay "Trade Ideas" $999 to travel to San Diego so that I can spend 3 days of my time learning to use their product

Then I can go home and pay them to subscribe to their product?

I don't think so.

You have a wonderful time.

Steve

3. lol

4. By the way, we don't know each other. Under different circumstances I would consider it my pleasure to meet you. My comment is directed to the vendor and not to you personally.

Given the choice, I would travel to Las Vegas any day instead of San Diego. I am sure others would agree.

Good luck in the markets.

Steve

5. Cash, obviously homeboys don't read. I don't believe your post said could you comment pointlessly about the seminar. Anyways its aimed at Trade-Ideas customers not random people. Looking forward to seeing you in SD.

6. I think we are pretty clear about your interest in the subject "hommey".

This transparent shit is about at the same level as the rest of the spam we see here.

Steve

7. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

In the class schedule: "DiamondTrim is an alias for a trader well known to readers of EliteTrader and a few other trading forums on the internet."

Who is DiamondTrim?

8. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

You got that right, just like you can pay $60/session to the gym for a personal trainer at the gym so that you can then go and pay $10/month for the gym membership. The difference there is that at the gym, you'll see people there on a regular basis who are progressing at half the pace that you are because they didn't get training to help them grow.

Or kinda like in industry when a company sends their IT people to a seminar to learn some piece of software and then they come back and pay an annual licensing fee to use that software. Maybe we should get a list of companies like this because if they are that stupid, they are surely worth shorting!

I guess it's all in how you look at the benefit of training. I personally have found too much benefit in it too ignore, but then like Dr. Who says "Look at me. I'm stupid!" (from the episode "The Long Game" when he's on Satellite 5).

9. No argument about the benefit of good training.

I object to subsidizing the marketing costs of the product.

If it is as good as you say, they should be able to demonstrate it either on the internet or pay their own marketing costs, bring in prospective clients and show them a compelling value added proposition.

Thats about it

Steve

10. A superhero who trades by day and fights crime at night ;-)

#10     Jun 6, 2006