Trade Ideas Question

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tito, Sep 22, 2008.

1. tito

tito

Is there a way to exclude a personal list of stocks from showing up on my TI alerts?
    I have tried emailing TI but have received no responses from them. Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. you can create your own symbol lists, that is the stocks you want to include. Quite a bit of work to exlude only a few symbols.

Tools - Symbol list - Create new list

3. tito

tito

I would consider trading any stock that shows up on my alert window that meets my criteria except for oil and coal stocks, hence my need to exclude certain stock symbols.
    Any ideas on how to do this with TI?
    Thanks.

4. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

Try this -

When an oil or coal stock shows up then DO NOT TRADE IT.

:D No charge.

5. I just told you....create a custom symbol list with all stocks you want to trade, call it yourstocks, and use that list in your filter window.

6. tito

tito

True - but it would be even better if these stocks don't show up at all so I can concentrate on the other stocks that I REALLY want to trade.
    I'm glad you don't charge for your advice. :D

7. tito

tito

OK. I just think it is easier for me to create a list of 40 stocks that I don't want to trade than to create a list of the other 1000 stocks that I want to trade.
    Thanks anyway.

8. Then create the list of stocks you don't want to trade, and mark the exclude this list in your filter window. Then see if that works.