Trade-Ideas Alerts Q & A

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by SocalTrader, Oct 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browser tends to be slower than standalone software

#11     Oct 23, 2002
  2. We spent a considerable amount of time making sure that our Alerts are very fast. There are two modes in wich you can view the alerts. The default is batched which updates in batches of 5 alerts. This is to make it easier to view. The alerts are batched if you see a check next to the alert counter in the upper right hand side of the alerts window. If you uncheck it, the alerts will begin to come in as we recieve them. We have found that they come in so fast that it is vitually impossible to keep track, that is why we have both options. I encourage you to test the speed next to a trading platform I am certain you will find it very fast.

Thank you for all the feedback

#12     Oct 23, 2002
  3. thanx, I will give it a shot

#13     Oct 23, 2002
  4. I don't know if you have made a log in, but that is how you access the more advanced configuration features. Hope it works :)

#14     Oct 23, 2002
  5. Several people have asked what we can do if they forgot their username and or password. Here are some hints.

1) If you are on the same computer you initially logged in on then it is ok. The computer knows you are already logged in and you can access all your stock list information and other advanced features, just give it a try. Go to advanced features and click log in to see if you are logged in or not.

1) If you need us to send it to you send a request to philip@trade-ideas.com just provide your username if you know it or your real name.

Good luck,
    Dan

#15     Oct 23, 2002
  6. We get many email questions during the day so I am attempting to help those that are just starting to use the product by answering more common questions on this board.

You can be logged in at the same time in multiple locations so for example if you are trading at an office and are looking at alerts you can leave them on and then log in at home using the same username and password.

This is designed so that large proprietary of direct access offices can share symbol files.

Thanks

Dan

#16     Oct 24, 2002
  7. If this is free how do you guys make money?

#17     Oct 24, 2002
  8. The service is only free until January of 2003 as a promotion.
    It will then be $US 40-45 per month for the basic service and up to $US 80 for the high end analytics that will be coming out in the next few releases.

#18     Oct 24, 2002
  9. Finally some tools that I can use! One of the really great features is the ability to pull the watch list you create from the address bar and to your desktop. The big deal about this feature is that you won't have to login and set up your watch list on your next visit. You don't even have to visit. The shortcut you create on your desktop brings you everything you need.

Try it! There seem to be a few more neat tricks to this tool. If anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll share otherwise I recommend you explore this tool on your own.

DMA

#19     Oct 24, 2002
  10. We recieved many emails asking if we are going to allow users to get rid of some of the columns. Already in the works! we have a few beta users testing the alerts where you can get rid of the message field to save space on desktop.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Dan

#20     Oct 25, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.