Trade for a living: Advice wanted...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by vayu, Dec 22, 2008.

1. I would advise that you find what works for you. One thing about this market is that what works for "A" doesn't necessarily work for "B".

I personally trade everything except for options and forex (At least for now). I trade the ETF's alot because they trade within a range....along with technical analysis, Of course. I also trade the TF because it also works well with my analysis.

However, I rarely trade the TF (Russel 2K futures) as a swing trade unless I I'm confident of my analysis of the market's direction within the next couple of days. I do swing trade my stocks. Like buying my WMT under $53 is good enough for me....and POT, FCX at beaten down numbers is something I don't mind holding for a couple of weeks.

Bottomline...Look for what works for you. There's no shame in papertrading to find that out.

Goodluck

#31     Jan 7, 2009
  2. Yes, very possible. Actually very reasonable. Remember one thing though. Averaging 20% could mean annual returns of 38%,-2%,11%,29% over a 4 year period.

How do you survive years 2 and 3 without touching your principal. What if you have a 20% drawdown?

Things to consider...

#32     Jan 7, 2009
  3. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

warren buffet said he can make 50% annually if his account size was under 1 million. and yes warren is PROFESSIONAL and if he needed to daytrade or trade for a living i'm sure he'll make 100% annually on $350,000 portfolio EASILY

with $350,000 you can buy a real business and not trade the market.

if you can't trade hire a broker or professional trader to trade you accoun for you. any pro can make 50% ROI on the $350,000.

#33     Jan 7, 2009
  4. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

that is your problem your not a PROFESSIONAL.

HIRE A PRO to trade for you.

stick to your internet business or real job if you can't trade. and don't complain if you can't trade.l

#34     Jan 7, 2009
  5. I just did a quick Google search on hiring a trader and came up with nothing instructive. I've been wondering about this for a while.

How does one go about hiring a trader? How much capital does one need to provide?

Thanks,
    - Andrew.

#35     Jan 8, 2009
  6. DrEvil

DrEvil

Probably you can achieve your goal. The problem is you won't be at that stage for several years. If you trade as small as possible in the meantime and try to keep your expenses to a minimum you have a chance. Work very hard at it. Best of luck.

#36     Jan 8, 2009