Trade Execution

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jasra, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Jasra

Jasra

Hi All.

Fistly I would like to thank all of the members here for the great resource this board offers. I am not a regular contributor, nothing much I can contribute as a relatively new trader of 7 months, but I have found lots of good information from the various discussions, plus quite a few entertaining threads as well !

My post relates to trade execution, and I am hoping for some direction and explanations on methods employed to enter and exit positions at a given price.

Currently I am trading between 200 to 500 shares of a stock at any one time and usually just place market orders. I am now looking at increasing my order size, incremently over a period of time, (depending on my continued success) up to 1000.

Since I have found that placing limit orders does not always guarantee a fill at the desired price, and I don't want to chase a stock, what is a good approach and method to increase the trade size ?

My trading styles include both swing trading over 1-5 days and I may make 4-5 day trades as well. Not the fast action scapling stuff, more position trading.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Jasra