Trade ER2 (emini Russell 2000) solely or most of the time?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, May 30, 2007.

1. Does anyone trade the ER2 (emini Russell 2000) future solely as the main contract you trade or do you trade it say 80, 90% of the time etc....QUESTIONS: what do you look for intraday?...how many contracts per trade?...how does it do with pivots and support and resistance?...how do you handle the volatility?...it is the most volatile of all mini indexes...thanks for your input and insight in advance!

2. I think Neet does. He should be around here some place. Its too wicked for me.

3. thanks!

4. bh_prop

bh_prop

I trade ER2 exclusively for a living. Catching momentum turns using profit targets is my generalized methodology. Not sure it matters what size I trade as that is specific to each person's account balance and risk appetite.

I like the small tick size (0.10) and its volatility. I personally have had no problems entering or exiting trades.

5. thanks..exactly what I was looking for!

6. increase - do you have a new idea daily of what to trade and/or where? Seriously. You should learn to focus on one market and start trading it instead of starting a new thread here daily about what markets to trade, how to trade them, etc. Get out of the kiddie pool and and at least get your foot wet.

7. I am seriously asking serious questions...trying to glean all the wisdom I can...not trying to waste anyones time at all...I do agree...focus must be on 1-2 contracts..thanks Browns Fan...I'm with you!

8. I exclusively trade the Russell 2000 Emini ER2 futures.

As to what I look for intraday...generally speaking I'm looking for changes in supply/demand and I can see such changes via volatility analysis.

How do I handle the volatility?

Lets put it this way, I have a strong opinion that the best way to trade ER2 is via a volatility base methodology even though I have met a few traders that are very profitable trading ER2 without using a volatility based methodology.

I can trade anywhere between 1 to 10 contracts depending upon the type of price action.

S/R zones is a good place to start with ER2. However, there are dozens of different ways of designating what is a s/r zone.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

9. awesome and thanks for your time!!!