Trade E-mini on E*Trade...

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ZebProctor, Jun 8, 2005.

1. rwk

rwk

*All* trading discounts the future. I am not sure why you would want to trade the current Dow, but you can always trade the DIA or options.

#11     Jun 8, 2005
  2. is the DIA the same as ^DJI????

#12     Jun 9, 2005
  3. rwk

rwk

Diamonds (DIA) is an exchange-traded fund (ETF) that trades like a stock and tracks the Dow 30. Most stock brokers can execute a DIA trade for you.

#13     Jun 9, 2005
  4. Sweet. Thanks

Hey, I just got my hands on the historical data that CME puts out there on the E-mini's..... just looking at it, it looks like one could make a profit just purchasing at the opening price and selling at the closing price (looking mainly at the NQ one), is that possible with the e-mini, to buy at the open and sell right before close?

#14     Jun 9, 2005
  5. mogul

mogul

you can if you want!

but I wouldn't recommend it! :D

#15     Jun 9, 2005
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

go for it Zeb, you are very smart guy. :cool:

#16     Jun 9, 2005
  7. Please explain.... just remember I am coming at this with about a year experience with Nasdaq and NYSE stocks, I have never even considered futures until now...... so what is the catch?

#17     Jun 9, 2005
  8. I sense a hint of sarcasm.... I do consider myself a fairly smart person, smart enough not to go throwing money into this without a complete understanding of how they work, but in some cases, you have to just try your hand to get the experience you need to improve... I'm just hoping to gian a little bit of knowledge from this board before I loose money I don't have......would you mind sharing just a general sense of how you trade the e-mini's?

#18     Jun 9, 2005
  9. No takers?

#19     Jun 10, 2005
  10. mogul

mogul

no takers on what?

why don't you go back and check your strategy on just 30 days of data then come back

#20     Jun 10, 2005