Trade Deficit

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ShoeshineBoy, Jan 17, 2007.

1. clacy

clacy

I guess I'm not sure where to start. This is probably one of the most moronic posts I've ever read.

If you're not able to differentiate between one wall that is meant to keep people out and one wall that is meant to keep people in, than I'm not sure there can be any discussion.

And by the way, you can't really say that there is a WALL between the US and Mexico. Hundreds of illegals are streaming in as I type this message.

#21     Jan 18, 2007
  2. Daal

Daal

Thats because dishonesty is a market solution to a government created problem. People can come up with ways to try to get around laws but there is a cost and by definition a waste of resources.

That makes a much worse business enviroment where people has to cheat together or the chain falls. Imagine your a japanese shop owner and you have the japanese mafia charging you a $2000 fee every week or they trash your shop, you have a huge incentive to leave. In mexico there is not a mafia but if you need to bribe, pay for false documents, cheat on your taxes, face regulatory burden otherwise etc. You are in fact being taxed and the threat is jail if you stop. Thats a huge incentive to leave.
    If you cant see how thats the case then I wish you well on your marxisist future.

#22     Jan 18, 2007
  3. Cesko

Cesko

I guess I'm not sure where to start. This is probably one of the most moronic posts I've ever read.
    Definitely.

#23     Jan 18, 2007
  4. Cesko

Cesko

History Lesson 101

I. Reasons why the Berlin Wall was built:
    1. Spying activities by the Americans. Hords of spies were able to just walk into East Berlin and then spread all over East Germany.

One of the stupidiest shit I have ever read on Internet.
    That's why I had to sneak out of the country illegally because those damn American spies you retarded idiot.

#24     Jan 18, 2007
  5. Cesko

Cesko

History Lesson 101

I. Reasons why the Berlin Wall was built:
    1. Spying activities by the Americans. Hords of spies were able to just walk into East Berlin and then spread all over East Germany.

One of the stupidiest shit I have ever read on Internet.
    That's why I had to sneak out of the country illegally because of those damn American spies you retarded idiot.

#25     Jan 18, 2007
  6. ronblack

ronblack

The issue is much more complicated than these Economists mentioned in the paper think, including its author.

At a fundamental level, economists fight because Economics is not a strict science. Could you imagine two engineers fighting over the valus of the average speed of a car that covered 100 miles in one hour? But economist with fight over everything since there are no basic laws in economics that have the status of a law of nature.

I agree that trade deficit is not necessarily debt. It often helps an Economy to grow. The author is correct when he points to those journalists who scream loud about the deficit growing and calling it debt.

But there are threats that can lead to dollar devaluation , an eventual rise in imported inflation and imbalances in demand and supply. This can result in long term stagflation and at the end a depression if things get worse.

Ron

#26     Jan 18, 2007
  7. clacy

clacy

Out of control, entitlement spending by our government is a far greater threat to our economy as Bernake pointed out today.

#27     Jan 18, 2007

8. If that is the case then why each year there are more and more US and Asian companies doing busies in MX setting up factories all over the place?????

#28     Jan 18, 2007
  9. Start by presenting evidence to the contrary.

#29     Jan 18, 2007
  10. Perhaps you should re-visit US history books that are written for people who have successfully completed high school education. Getting your info from internet is not always the best approach to real learning and the quality is not generally of the highest caliber. Branch out baby, branch out.

As always when one has no arguments to present name calling will generally substitute for facts. So predictable!:( :(

#30     Jan 18, 2007