Trade.com DMA trading

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Ethilaloth, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Branos

Branos

Thx for the update man. 5k entry is the advantage. Not that sure about support but on the other hand you never know. I've heard IB support can be quite challenging.

#31     Jun 12, 2021
  2. Tora

Tora

Support is not smth you value until you get in trouble and need this trouble to be fixed ASAP. White labels are normally valued for their dedicated managers and that can actually be a pro. Not as important as fees and executions but still...

#32     Jun 18, 2021
  3. I've had a chance to see the IB webtrader at work. I wouldn't say it is that shallow in it's features btw. Perhaps if you scalp, you will miss some features if you create some freacky systems that involve the mix of assets and tools and complicated order types, yet, ordinary daytraders and swingtraders won't see much to complain about I guess.

#33     Jun 18, 2021
  4. Branos

Branos

Fingers crossed. I'll give you a first-hand update soon :)

#34     Jun 25, 2021
  5. so you've made up your mind! congrats!

#35     Jun 27, 2021
  6. Branos

Branos

thanx. Yeah, that was the plan to open dma as soon as I get enough $$ on trade.com account without depositing more of the savings. Gold did me a good favor making that classic breakout of down through 1760 this spring and fortunately enough didn't hit my breakeven (as it normally happens) before making it to the next resistance. My prescious!

#36     Jun 29, 2021
  7. Kalanim

Kalanim

Hello everyone
    I also used to trade gold recently, but that was on the CFD account. It seems to me that the long-term technical sentiment has reversed to bullish. Friday’s price action was rather volatile, but the bulls were able to win the race at the end of the day. We’ll see how it goes, but I am keen on buying gold CFDs if the fundamental environment will be the same in Autumn.
    As for me, CFD accounts are more than enough to make good money with trade.com brokers. Or am I missing something?

#37     Aug 30, 2021
  8. Tora

Tora

With DMA, you can get better trading conditions and a wider range of assets. So the trading strategy might become much more flexible.

#38     Aug 31, 2021
  9. Kalanim

Kalanim

To my mind, DMA is needed more for long-term investors. I am a swing trader but sometimes I switch to intraday approach when I see short-term opportunities. Like gold can soar on the back of a fundamental report or a press-conference. I just enter the market, grab my piece of the haul and jump back to safety.

#39     Aug 31, 2021
  10. That’s a great approach. But DMA can give you faster response, immediate executions and favorable environment to use scalping or any other high-frequency approaches. As a result, you can get out of the dependency from the fundamental reports. So it's not necessarily a long-term investment.

#40     Sep 4, 2021