Trade Chart Patterns Like The Pros

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by whitmark, Jul 6, 2007.

1. steve46, I have no idea who surinotes is. I found it amusing that he reviewed his own book on this site and was mentioned as an ET member... although apparently just joining up this month to promote this book. However, it did look interesting - I have an untold number of trading books, so another won't hurt.

#11     Jul 23, 2007
  2. Great to hear your review if you get a chance to post it.

=)

#12     Jul 23, 2007
  3. Gary Fox

Gary Fox

Hello Suri,

Book looks interesting.

Before ordering, I would enjoy hearing a little about your background. You know, the regular stuff you see in a TAofS&C interview. The when, where, who, what, how and why about you. (There is no hidden meaning/smart alec intent here. I would just like to know more about you before I would order a book for this amount of money.)

Thanks,

Gary

#13     Jul 29, 2007
  4. Hi Gary,

Thanks for your post.

Here is my background information posted on my website
    http://www.surinotes.com/index.cfm?CSEL=2020

I am a private trader (now) and have been trading full-time for the past 12+ years.

I have presented my trading/research in various conferences (TradersExpo, MTA, TSUG, Investment groups...) and written articles for magazines like S&C, Active Trader, TradersWolrd, news papers and other business magazines etc..

I use Patterns as primary way to trade.. I have about 10-15 of my favorite patterns (I wrote about 65 patterns in the book on 'how' to trade) and trade them every time they present to me. I trade Eminis (Intraday) and Equities (2-3 days) and few commodities... All using patterns only.
    You can see my Intra-Day trading (posted as a blog)

Intraday blog from Fri. July 27, 2007
    http://www.surinotes.com/index.cfm?pDate=20070727&CSEL=1001

(See each trade, time-stamp on the top right side of the chart)

Also, I do EOD analysis (I post as a research blog for myself)
    using Automated and Visual pattern detection in TradeStation but I trade discretionary...

I also post frequently on TS Forums using id: deMicron

Kind Regards,
    Suri Duddella

#14     Jul 30, 2007
  5. wuwei

wuwei

Hi Suri, I ordered your book last week, but I wonder if should get Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns the book by Thomas N. Bulkowski as well? i am a newbie and I think I like to trade on pattern

#15     Jul 30, 2007
  6. Hi WuWei,

I have lot of respect for Bulkowski's book.. I learnt a lot before I wrote my book.

My book covers specific and practical trading techniques of each pattern while Bulkowski provided theoretical way to trade these patterns.. I provided How to Enter/Exit each pattern with Targets/Stops on large illustrated charts (225+ charts)...

i like the theory too but in my experience most traders look for when/where/how to trade a pattern in a more practical way...

regards,
    suri

#16     Jul 30, 2007
  7. wuwei

wuwei

Thanks Suri

#17     Jul 30, 2007
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Hey Suri----Just out of curiosity, is advertising on EliteTrader very expensive? I have a few items I'd like to unload.

#18     Jul 30, 2007
  9. wuwei

wuwei

hehe, yes i am this kind

#19     Jul 30, 2007