Tradable after-hours futures contracts

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by brokershopping, Feb 26, 2004.

1. I am curious about which futures contracts are worth looking at after the US markets close. (around 6:00pm to 2:00am est) Unfortunately I am limited to products which trade in USD and are electronic, so I am pretty much stuck with just globex and e-cbot, I believe. (I am using IB)

From by very brief initial observations, the British Pound, the Euro, and the Yen seem to be the most active. I was hoping the new Nikkei 225 index would be a possible candidate, but it looks like the USD version is closed when it would be the most interesting.

Any ideas? Did I miss any active ones? Thanks

2. Yeah, the currencies trade great during Euro hours. Some forex traders in the States stay up all night because of this. I just trade em from about 5 am to 9am PST, when they also move well. I used to do the all night thing as well, but decided I needed to sleep once in awhile instead.

Jay

3. i am based in australia and it has a good stock index contract called the SPI and two bond contracts
    the exchange is www.sfe.com.au
    and two broker websites are www.lquay.com.au
    and www.brokerone.com.au
    they are AUD contracts but the are liquid and the SPI has good volatility

4. AC3

AC3

If ur looking for produccts to trade at night check out the Mini SP NQ Bonds and as others have pointed out the FX .... prob the most liquid of the products ......... Good luck