TRAD - up 100% in the past month?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Momento, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Momento

Momento

anyone knows what's up with TradeStation Inc?
    That run was quite something.

2. WinSum

WinSum

They raised their prices which translate to more gross revenue assuming there wasn't any attrition from the price increase. This is a good fundamental indication given the fact very few companies these days have pricing power to raise prices. They also release an upgrade called TradeStation 7. They are promoting the new features in TS7 with the expectation of attracting additional customers to their revenue base. Also, internet related stocks had quite a runup as a War Defensive play which is a silly theme but take a look at Ebay.

3. don't forget massive short covering.

4. Massive covered his shorts?

5. ddog

ddog

"They raised their prices "

No they didn't. They actually lowered their commissions with the release of TS 7.

6. WinSum

WinSum

I was referring to their monthly subscription fee. Their old monthly subscription used to include real-time datafeed to NYSE, AMEX, OPRA, and Nasdaq as part of the package. Now, their current monthly subscription no longer includes live quotes as part of the package. If you want real-time datafeed, you will have to pay extra for each Exchange that you want live quotes from which translate to four new additional fees.

In essence, if you want to continue to have the same package as previous months, you will need to pay more.

7. Ebo

Ebo

Those are exchange imposed Fees, Not Tradestation Fees.
    They lowered RT commission from $7.98 to $5.60 per contract.
    Please do your research before babbling.

8. Momento

Momento

... This is what i am wondering:
    with no specific reason, the stocks decides to run to new highs, with 10 times the average volume...

looks like someone knows something :confused:

Let's get someone from TradeStation to explain this.. hehe

9. WinSum

WinSum

Please put on your reading glasses before babbling. Where in my previous post did I refer the Fees as "TradeStation Fees" ?

I quote myself, "If you want real-time datafeed, you will have to pay extra for each Exchange that you want live quotes from which translate to four new additional fees." I was not incorrect in that if you want want live quotes from NYSE, AMEX, OPRA, and Nasdaq, you will have to pay 4 new additional fees which was not require before.

BTW, the "Exchange Imposed" fee was not imposed on Ameritrade Apex customers. Ameritrade Apex customers do not have to pay additional "Exchange Imposed" fees for live quotes from NYSE, AMEX, OPRA, and Nasdaq. They continue to get live quotes free of charge.

10. maxpi

maxpi

I think the new software did it. When they morphed from a software vendor to a broker their software lost most of it's features for some reason. This latest release has the features their software did in 1999, maybe a lot of old customers are coming back? I know I am.

Max

#10     Apr 10, 2003