Track Record

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by joesan, Oct 25, 2005.

1. I don't know if you are relating this towards equities only, but one can use his/her and family's money track record as a CTA.
    In the Dis Docs, it must be highlighted that you have not managed OPM outside of Family, but you can use personal/family results in a performance report so long as it is identified as such.
    I would suggest looking up some CTAs' Dis Docs on Google and note the difference.
    The NFA and CFTC are fairly strict on what needs to be stated when including performance in Dis Docs. I would strongly suggest contacting the NFA or reviewing Series 3 materials to get clarification on this subject.

#11     Oct 27, 2005
  2. #12     Oct 27, 2005
  3. Do you need to start working with a CPA at the start of the year you are having audited? Is it a daily or monthly thing? Or do you just submit your past years trading results and have them go over them?

Can someone recommend a good CPA for someone starting out and approx. fees.

#13     Nov 15, 2005

4. Your CPA is not who will audit your operation(s). It has to be an outside audit. Your CPA will reconcile your trades at whichever interval you choose i.e. weekly, monthly, and then you'll hire a firm that specializes in outside audits. Your CPA will know how to go about this so hire a good one.

If you are near Philadelphia or New York i can recommend one in each town. The New York guy won't deal with you unless you are a heavy but the guy in Philadelphia will take you on with any $$ amount.

Good Luck.

#14     Nov 16, 2005