TQQQ vs QQQ 22 Years Simulation

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by fiftium, Mar 3, 2021.

1. LOL, so I was 100% right, you just call it something different to make yourself feel smart. You are a true dumbasses among dumbasses.

#31     Apr 7, 2021
  2. destriero

destriero

Ima gonna block you now, bc your taint is infectious. Not content with your inside/outside strangle embarrassment; you double down. Proshares explains it in r***** terms for you.

Due to the compounding of daily returns, holding periods of greater than one day can result in returns that are significantly different than the target return

https://www.proshares.com/funds/tqqq_daily_holdings.html

Swaps are "cash in the box" netted. So either wise up and stop the Furry shit, or self-immolate.

#32     Apr 7, 2021
  3. destriero

destriero

No, you were wrong. It has nothing to do with futures. That is not how the swaps work. The overwhelming sensitivity is the decay/"beta slippage." You're as right as you were on the strangle/box-arbitrage posts.

@blocked

#33     Apr 7, 2021

4. Yes, I was being very generic because I didn't recall the exact reason for the decay, hence why I though in "whatever". You are nit picking my post to try and sound smart. The bottom line is that I was referencing one or more phenomena that causes leveraged ETFs to perform piss-poor over time compared to their non-adjusted brothers. And I was right. TQQQ shows this vis-a-vis QQQ.

Glad you blocked me though, your puss can't handle me pwning you as I routinely do lol. Hopefully I never have to read another dumbass response from your dumb ass lololol.

Bye bye dumb loser!

#34     Apr 7, 2021
  5. I held 160sh TQQQ over the weekend and finally had to dump it yesterday evening. It was a license to print money. Today I had to switch to the Micros. Looking at the one day chart it looks like there is room for another good run but I am sticking with the futures for now, particularly MNQ.

#35     Apr 7, 2021
    never2old and murray t turtle like this.
  6. destriero

destriero

lol 100% right? It's the futures roll?

fface, they don't own futures. The swaps are not quarterly. The swap receiver receives the total return on the perf of spot and the payer receives LIBOR. They MTM the thing and cash is held at the PB to cover the PNL. The leverage is built into the notional of the swaps (if they truly have them on which I doubt) and the mix of single names they are holding.

NO FUTURES ROLL. PERIOD. How can you be "right" when that was your entire premise? The decay is the tracking error.

You're literally too dumb to argue with about, well, anything. The inside/outside strangle thing was classic... and again, the difference between the inside and outside strangle? The box arb.

And no, I can't block your stupid ass bc Baron removed my block feature and I'm in time-out.

#36     Apr 7, 2021

7. You dumb motherfucker, I was simply asking a question, and referring VERY GENERALLY to something that causes the leveraged funds to decay bigly over time. Again, I was asking a QUESTION, not giving a fuking SEMINAR. I'm not going to go read a freaking prospectus to understand how a particular ticker symbol that I've never invested in works exactly when I'm asking a question unrelated to exactly how it fuking works. You are a complete idiot.

And LOL and not even being able to block me. You are so stupid you can't even get that right. You fuking DIPSHIT lolol....

#37     Apr 7, 2021
  8. destriero

destriero

Yeah, Bro. It's the futures contango you dumb fuck lol. The only think worse than ^this^ was your calling out "intoya" and stating that the inside strangle is better than the outside.

You spent like three hours responding to every new thread last night and you are yet to be right. Just STFU if you don't know what you're talking about.

#38     Apr 7, 2021

9. Baaaahahaha, that is all your dumb ass can come up with? I'll just repeat what I said before, you dumb motherfucker...

"You dumb motherfucker, I was simply asking a question, and referring VERY GENERALLY to something that causes the leveraged funds to decay bigly over time. Again, I was asking a QUESTION, not giving a fuking SEMINAR. I'm not going to go read a freaking prospectus to understand how a particular ticker symbol that I've never invested in works exactly when I'm asking a question unrelated to exactly how it fuking works. You are a complete idiot.

And LOL and not even being able to block me. You are so stupid you can't even get that right. You fuking DIPSHIT lolol...."

Get it yet, you FUKING DUMBASS???

#39     Apr 7, 2021
  10. destriero

destriero

No, can you elaborate on the contango on the swaps and why the guts strangle is better than the outside strangle? Thanks.

#40     Apr 7, 2021