TQQQ. How much higher can it go?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by GrowleyMonster, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Things have to turn bearish pretty soon. The question is when? NASDAQ seems unstoppable. When is the other shoe gonna drop? I am projecting $165 or so for TQQQ by the first of October, just using the same slope as the 20MA line on the day chart. What are election fears gonna do, and when? I don't see the upcoming elections as a catalyst for an epic market crash, but the markets are surely gonna dip pretty good?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Tradex

Tradex

The TQQQ is above its 50, 100 and 200-period simple moving averages (see daily chart below), so unless the price drops below the 100 SMA - or the 50 if you want to play it safe - staying long and milking the trend until the end makes sense, at least for now.

(This is only an opinion based on chart analysis, not a recommendation to buy or sell anything.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    GrowleyMonster likes this.
  3. Yeah I know, it's perfectly logical. It just feels like it's gotta turn around very soon. And the thing is, when it does, so does almost everything else. Which is I suppose the real point.

4. As they say... the market can be a crazy a LOT longer than you have money. Don't bet on it. Its going to get insane high soon...

Tradex and GrowleyMonster like this.
  5. %%
    I like qqq/tqqq…...;
    but i'm in more cash tech etfs for summer. May or may not buy a bit of tqqq or sqqq in Aug.Summer rallies are usually weak/weakest.
    Leveraged stuff like that i like sometimes;
    sqqq has had some good moves--even though I've made more over the years with tqqq/tech etfs long

KCalhoun and GrowleyMonster like this.
  6. Tradex

Tradex

Tell me about it, I got crushed during the 90's betting against internet stocks. I thought they were "too high" for no reason, so I shorted them all the way to the top, like an idiot.

Lesson learned, the hard way: trying to pick tops and bottoms is by far the most expensive hobby in the world.

7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Sounds like me, recently. Interested in SQQQ SDOW if they breakout to multiday highs. Reminder a few leveraged ETFs are reverse splitting later this month.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...ts-of-six-daily-leveraged-etfs-301100605.html

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    Tradex and murray t turtle like this.
  8. %%
    I woke up one morning; huge green gain% /etf split; but actually it was a broker mistake. I still have the chart some where ;URE went from about $300 to $30 or $3+ UP A BIT. No wonder-- average volume has gone down more than price.
    TQQQ/sqqq has real good volume, like spy or qqq...…………………………………………………………………..

KCalhoun likes this.
  9. jys78

jys78

Why? Sure a bear market will come again some day - as always. Why soon? People said the same things in 97-98 etc. Market could run another 50-100%+, why miss out on that or worse yet hurt yourself trying to short it?

Tradex and murray t turtle like this.
  10. SanMiguel

SanMiguel

Cyclically it looks due for a retrace at least back to the MAs or at least sideways

#10     Aug 9, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.