Toys R Us.....public to private?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Spooz Top, Jan 25, 2008.

1. a family relative approached me on a question that i did not have an answer for.........she owns quite a few shares @ 26.75 when the company went private in `05........how would she redeem her shares at that price...if she is even able to do so?

2. she should have already received cash a looooooooong time ago. it was a cash transaction.

3. thanks Robbie for the reply ......but that was never recieved....any idea whom the contact should be...human resources?

4. call your broker first--where the account was held.

5. Surdo

Surdo

Geoffrey is handling the cash disbursement!

6. I'd been wondering why the volatility on my TOY chart was near zero.

7. Let us know how this pans out. If this relative's shares were previously held at or with a brokerage, it would have most likely been in "street" name, hence the broker would have been the point of contact for the private cash buyout, which usually means you should have to do nothing. If the shares were physically held by your relative, then the relative would have been the point of contact.

8. Look up the Merger Agreement at the SEC's website and it will tell you where you were supposed to send the certificates and what form to use. Do this before the cash escheats to the state.