Toyota chief fears GM, Ford demise

Discussion in 'Economics' started by trader99, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Casey30

Casey30

You make it seems like Liberals point of views are off the mark for some reason. Hmmm...lets think for a second...

Liberals want equal rights for everyone, conservatives want equal rights for white christian men only.

Liberals want a fair legal system, conservatives want to throw everyone except themselves in jail. (The US has a higher prison population than China)

Liberals want to take care of people in distress via social programs, conservatives want elimate those programs while providing more welfare to take care of corporations.

Liberals are diplomatic, conservatives are "rape, ravage, and burn" to the solution.

Thanks for calling me a liberal, since I would consider it an insult otherwise.

#31     Jun 9, 2005
  2. mhashe

mhashe

Anyone who actually thinks that we live in a purely capitalistic society needs to buy a flash light from Walmart to look around what's up inside his ass, because that's where his head is stuck, might as well find out whats around him.

As far as GM goes, Kerkorian will probably gut it and leave the tax payer footing the bill for GM workers unemployment and healthcare benefits. GM is nothing but a massive finance company that just happens to make cars, therefore they could care less as to the quality of cars they put out.

#32     Jun 9, 2005
  3. trader99

trader99

LOL. Funny. That's what GE is. GE is a really MASSIVE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION that just happens to make jet engines, light bulbs, industrial heavy weights, and appliances.

I mean over 50% of their revenues from from financial services. ;)

#33     Jun 9, 2005
  4. gnome

gnome

You forgot one important point...

Liberals want someone else to pay for all they want... If Liberals really wanted "equal rights for everyone", they'd clamor for a flat tax system.

#34     Jun 9, 2005
  5. ^^^^^^^
    I like my 1995 GM old oldsmobile ;
    most GM models arent in same quality class as Japenese autos,
    and Consuner reports confirms that more often than not.

Think its fair to say liberals want equal rights/free speech for most everyone except orthodox Jew/Christians.
    ACLU exihibit ''a''

Actually have noticed many liberals want gov programs to help people in distress like gov paying fat people to be fat, lazy people not to work .....

Thinking people much prefer greater efficiency of private sector.

Also dont think Japanese are in much danger of losing a national patriotic battle;
    with all thier manufacturing plants in USA.:cool:

#35     Jun 9, 2005
  6. trader99

trader99

It's all about the pocketbook! You don't hear too many Americans complaining about the Japanese nowadays, b/c Toyota and Honda opened up plants in Tennessee and the deep South. When people have jobs, they will not complain.

#36     Jun 9, 2005
  7. NKNY

NKNY

You know what....Maybe if they stopped whining and started innovating they would be in a better place....

It's a shame, But I don't think I would ever buy another american made car again. Well, Maybe a hummer or a corvette.... maybe a caddie cts also ....Thats it....

The rest are all junk... and a national health plan to ease the health care burden of their workforce is not the issue..... It won't turn junk into non-junk....

They should focus on the real problem...they make junk and simply cant compete.... Cutting costs will simply delay the inevitable......Instead of looking to cut costs they should build better cars and increase earnings....

Just my opinion....

Nick

#37     Jun 9, 2005
  8. NKNY

NKNY

And thats the bottom line .....

Build a better product...they will come ...

Even if that product costs 1000 dollars more due to the heath insurance factor.....

Nick

#38     Jun 9, 2005
  9. NKNY

NKNY

In a perfect world, we would pay managment a dollar a day until they started turning a profit....:D

I really bet that if execs were put on a performance pay scale model.....Gm would be kicking ass again in the near future....

Nick

#39     Jun 9, 2005
  10. For example,

If the average car is leased for 36K miles then if you can increase fuel efficiency by $.03/gallon you could cover the "presumed" health care costs and benefit the environment at the same time.

That's well less than the hybrids that GM didn't bother to develop will do -- and the Japanese don't have to cover health care costs to begin with...

Frankly, they need new management and forward thinking more than they need to antagonize their employees.

#40     Jun 9, 2005