Toughest markets to trade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cutten, May 12, 2004.

1. Cutten

Cutten

I hereby nominate the EUR/GBP forex cross rate as the most random, unpredictable, spasmodic and well nigh impossible-to-trade market on the face of the planet. On the rare occasions a trend does emerge, you are better off playing EUR/$ outright - more reward, less risk, lest gut-wrenching. At all other times, an apparently random set of large blips up and down, seemingly for no rhyme or reason, plays out to the frustration of almost anyone unfortunate enough to have to follow this cross rate. There are lots of reasons to emigrate from the UK to somewhere with better weather, but quite possibly the best reason is no longer having to follow this freaking insane crack whore of a market. No doubt some lucky sod has this cross rate down pat and mints money daily, but for me it's by far the most difficult market I've encountered.

I hereby request further nominations for the toughest markets on earth.

2. ever traded pork bellies?
    or cotton futures?
    how about coffee?

if you really want to get punished try the above mentioned.

3. Cutten

Cutten

I've traded both cotton and coffee, and done reasonbly. Then again I am very selective with these markets and don't trade much. Pork bellies I can imagine being a nightmare, but part of these surely is to do with the terrible liquidity (a bit like lumber). EUR/GBP is massively liquid, yet still a complete bastard to trade!