tough trading week of 09/11/06

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chiguy, Sep 15, 2006.

1. u futs trader should have a serious look at qm; the contract is much more predictable and trendin' than sifs and liquidity is outrageous; if un have balls to leverage u butzz u can make a fortune every day wiith a couple of trades.

#21     Sep 15, 2006
  2. b4i

b4i

what's qm?

#22     Sep 15, 2006
  3. quagmire futures.

#23     Sep 15, 2006
  4. lwlee

lwlee

Some of the moves were pre-market so you had like 4-6 point ranges during regular hours. Daytraders don't hold overnight.

#24     Sep 15, 2006
  5. Crude Oil Minis.

QG is Nat gas

#25     Sep 15, 2006
  6. it was certainly a tough week for myself as well......almost a continuation of august......

was forced to take a personal day on tuesday but after analyzing the charts ,my system would`ve only given me 1 trade off the ma`s & probably enough for my quota but after that it was chop suey and/or gap & grind................f-ing brutal for sept but with the vix.x pushing on the lo`s,we should be in store for some vol real soon.

#26     Sep 15, 2006
  7. guys ... I do not mean to say its easy money

but there is more to trading than SIF's

I had one of my best weeks of the yr

metals futures along with some energies
    and forex

of course by the end of the week
    I started to get a teeny headache or eyestrain at times
    so I needed to take a break

also I made a couple of small buy sell errors or price - slippage
    errors ... but I am working on stopping this

#27     Sep 15, 2006

8. I had three market opening bracket trades that took over 30 minutes to complete (that is exceptionally rare.....and all in the same week). They all worked profitable but they sure took a long time, so yes that was out of the norm for me this last week.

Today was quick.......a real good 07:30 CST bracketed news trade and my market opening trade was done fast. We need to either breakout or fail these highs to get everything flowing good again imo.....I'll take any direction.

I will say the intra-day trading this week was good though as I had lots of clean "delta" shift trades for the ES.

#28     Sep 16, 2006
  9. ob1left

ob1left

i also had a great week myself. one of the better weeks i've had in a while. althought i did recently change up my strategy 3 weeks ago so that might have something to do with it as well

#29     Sep 16, 2006
  10. Arnie

Arnie

what are SIF's?

#30     Sep 16, 2006