Tough Trading Today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by flipflopper, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Nice job. Followed the price action on RIMM and AAPL. EOD was so fucked up I didn't trade it. To those who did, I would like to know what you saw or your entry/exit triggers. I drummed my fingers for 45 minutes until it closed.

#11     Jun 4, 2008
  2. mark2

mark2

#12     Jun 4, 2008
  3. heshan

heshan

Today and yesterday have been two good days for me. I gained 60% profit of my account. The market has been quite trendy for day trader in the past 2 days. Why did you lose money?

#13     Jun 4, 2008
  4. This is precisely what I hate in these forums.

Someone comes along, says he's got a 12 inch pecker and leaves.

Perhaps a little explanation behind your success would serve the board better.

NN

#14     Jun 4, 2008
  5. The market has been trendy for day traders and he has done well. I would venture to guess that he is a short term trend follower. :D

#15     Jun 4, 2008

6. Today: Buy in the morning, sell in the afternoon.

yesterday: sellin the afternoon

Monday: Sell into lunchtime, buy after lunch.

Is it this easy ? No. Can it be this easy by quickly determining trend, yes. Was I this successful ? No, but I hope to be one day

#16     Jun 4, 2008
  7. I was actually referring to the numerous egotistical posters who claim greatness and share nothing but arrogance.

NN

#17     Jun 4, 2008
  8. Cheese

Cheese

The markets were again excellent today (Wednesday June 4 2008) as they usually are.

Looking at CL, the session's gyrations produced 39 micro gyrational 'legs' of minmum 15 points (bar close to bar close) and 10 macro 'legs' of minimum 45 points. Of those 10, 2 of them on the EIA stocks announcement were fast - 31 seconds up 130 and 2minutes 54 seconds down 215 points. If your usual operational reactions are somewhere in the slow-to-dead slow-to-paralysed zone then this is not for you; its for fast players who can be very fast depending on market pace. Now the mean average of those 10 'legs' was 123 points per 'leg'. Does that sound like a lot of money? It is.

So my message is that it is there for the taking every day for the few who have what it takes to be successful.
    :)

#18     Jun 4, 2008
  9. The fun will REALLY start when CPI is released next week. Bernanke hinted at a high number in the speech today.

#19     Jun 4, 2008
  10. wjk

wjk

View stocks like JCP or CTAS just to name a few. Check last two to three days of 15 ' chart. That's opportunity. Not the best for swing, but great for intraday. Some of the best for trading. Check the resistance high and support lows on a 15 of JCP last 2 days. That's a dollar channel. Sweet.

#20     Jun 4, 2008