Tough Times for California Bashers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Our centuries of growth are all smoke and mirrors, fundamentally phony, and it will all come crashing down someday.

Someday.

Someday.

You just wait.

#41     Feb 26, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

BERLIN (Reuters) - Secretary of State John Kerry offered a defense of freedom of speech, religion and thought in the United States on Tuesday telling German students that in America "you have a right to be stupid if you want to be."

#42     Feb 26, 2013
  3. jem

jem

the smoke and mirrors was most of the the growth since the repeal of glass steagall.

You can thank Clinton - Rubin - Graham.

Its amazing to me these supposedly pro worker dems do not care enough about america to pass a new glass steagall.

#43     Feb 26, 2013
  4. Ricter

Ricter

So who is it who's been crying about all the "new regulation", such as it is, of banks and Wall Street?

#44     Feb 26, 2013
  5. jem

jem

exactly the historical and current puppet masters of the democrats

instead of ending too big to fail
    and banks taking risk with our money

we got bogus housing and banking regulations -- for instance instead of appraisers being hired directly by the mortgage guy... the appraisers are part of groups owned by the banks.

no real change... just extra money for the banks.

#45     Feb 26, 2013
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Ok, so the plutocrats are behind both parties, but you don't write like you believe it.

#46     Feb 26, 2013
  7. jem

jem

I believe we desperately need to take back our country.
    Our politicians need to be our crooks again.
    Right now different interest groups have purchased a controlling interest in the dems and a controlling interest in the republicans.

Our country did well while the controlling interests saw the benefit in making america successful. I think they now see opportunity else where.

Our only bet is a smaller leaner central govt... and less taxes so people can save and re invest and re invent.

We have to starve the beast and eliminate campaign bribes.

#47     Feb 26, 2013
  8. Ricter

Ricter

"Mostly" controlling interest in the reps, lmao, spin spin spin. Who was grilling Benanke today on TBTF banks, was it a rep? Nope.

#48     Feb 26, 2013
  9. jem

jem

although I changed it...

it is a serious statement.
    sometimes the republican party does vote for the long term good of the country. Although it is happening less and less frequently.

#49     Feb 26, 2013
  10. jem

jem

by the way you sort of proved my point...

bernanke works for the Fed.
    The fed is owned by the privately owned regional fed banks.

The banks own the fed.
    The bankers own the dems and some of the Republicans... but they are worried the republicans like ron paul might shake things up.

#50     Feb 26, 2013