Tough Month?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Steve Tvardek, May 25, 2005.

1. #31     May 27, 2005
  2. i can't believe ppl here still trade stks.

#32     May 27, 2005
  3. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    April was definitely better for shorting semisector related;
    as of fridays close anyway.

Homebuilders /NYSE and SPY related have done better than i figured at first, especially hoimebuilders.:cool:

May is still in long term downtrend for semisector;
    and 30 year fixed rate mortgages.

#33     May 27, 2005
  4. Crappy end to a crappy month. Today is unbearable. Barely made anything.

The imbalances, wow, they f**ked so many ppl on the NYSE right prior to the releases. Insane.

#34     May 31, 2005
  5. You said it Hydro, this month has just been awful. Hoping for a better June, but definitely not holding my breath...

#35     May 31, 2005
  6. Pretty good month, (though not great), today was great trading. The sell imbalances really offered some good opportunities, and added just enough volatility to the market to create some tradeable moves in my pairs.

If you guys are trading just one type of strategy, may i suggest you add more to the mix. OPG's were fantastic, pairs have been working, automated strategies are working excellent, overnights have even been good.

Good trading to all!

Mike

#36     May 31, 2005
  7. May I suggest you stop assuming that everyone is only trading one strategy? May I suggest you stop popping in here showering yourself with compliments while making others just feel bad? May I suggest that you realize that not everyone tries trading like you? I mean you suggest overnights, you really think most guys out there now should start taking overnight risk when chances are they are not properly capitalized and ready for it? Pair trading? Takes some serious BP there, buddy, maybe you need to take notice that most guys aren't playing round with multi-million dollar BPs. Imbalances are an old game that is constantly faded, definitely not smth new to try right now unless you are willing to take hits & churn. Today was a special case, the whole NYSE floor made sure to churn and hold up stocks just to get such unusual imbalances. Ppl got screwed all over for being on the right side, not cool.

Get real and take a look at traders that are around you caliber. You might be surprised just how much of a piker you may turn out to be in comparison.

#37     May 31, 2005
  8. What is a good month to you Mike? 30k, 50k...more??
    I know several guys who average 20k a month and one guy who averages 30k+ and they all were under 5k net for the month which tells me that it was a tough month.

#38     May 31, 2005
  9. Qualifier here hydro....IF.....I know that all the pot you smoke tends to cloud your memory and destroy your brain cells but try to focus for a few minutes ok! :) As for pairs, You can create a portfolio of 6 or 8 pairs that you trade, keep your size small, and trade and make money with even small size, as little as a couple hundred shares.

#39     May 31, 2005
  10. 30K is a good month, and anyone who earns 6 figures trading is doing well, IMO. Through the summer, I will not be disappointed with 15k months, I am hoping to take some early days and a few weeks off to get some projects done. We'll see what the market gives us. As for my strategy, I trade a broad range of strategies, that include opgs, intraday strategies on different time frames, pairs, overnights, and an automated "grey" box system. I am also adding some futures systems into the mix, I am cautiously optimistic about the outcome on these.

Good trading to you!

Mike

#40     May 31, 2005