Tough Loss, RS7!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by goldenarm, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Fantastic Bowl Game last night! It's a shame someone had to lose. This one was probably the greatest Championship Bowl Game ever! Well, 1984's Orange Bowl (Nebraska-Miami) was pretty good too! I hope McGahee will recover from that nasty injury. When I saw the replay of the hit, I almost puked. Why don't they use sudden death OT in college like in the NFL? The college rules seem too gimmicky.

2. was rs7 playing? i thought he said he was 50something, not some young college buck?

more grist for the max401 mill...

3. There you go instigating again, Dannyboy!:D

P.S. I think RS7 is on the coaching staff...

4. rs7

rs7

Danny the Marsupial...(in case anyone wondered what the M was for). I keep saying that hanging upside down on the bottom of the planet has caused brain damage. Behave yourself young man, or I will have your aboriginal/gypsy head on a platter! :) As a matter of fact, I will make a cooperative effort with Max to do it!!!!

Anyway, yep, greatest college bowl game I ever saw. That '84 UM-Nebraska game was great too, (because UM won). But that was just a missed 2 pt. conversion at the buzzer. The double overtime last night was really very cool. I actually like the format. Sort of like a shoot-out.

However, that pass interference call against Miami in the end zone....that will haunt me and many others for ever. I mean talk about a BAD call!!!! Not even close!!!!

But gotta give OS credit. 4th and 14, and they convert! Just a truly great and memorable game.

Can there be any doubt that Miami would have scored on their second overtime possession from the 2 yd. line if Willis had not gotten hurt? What a shame. The game could still be going on now if not for that (how many overtimes are there? Can there be a tie? I heard them say on the third overtime they MUST attempt 2 pt. conversions, but I don't know the full rules for college bowl ot's).

And yeah, I was definitely "coaching" from the sidelines....if my sitting 2500 miles away qualifies me for that!!! I certainly was trying to call plays....they didn't seem to hear me. Or if they did, they were ignoring the "smart money". Like I said, the fix was in!:)

Peace,
    :)Rs7
    GO JETS!!

May live in Fla, and be a UM alumni, but boy did I LOVE seeing the Dolphins get eliminated by the Jets DOMINATION of the Packers!!!
    Guess once a New Yorker, always a New Yorker!!!!

5. I was surprised the end zone call was made, but I do think the Miami defender freaking mugged the Ohio State receiver....maybe not pass interference, but at the very least holding. The worst part of the call was that it was made soooooo late.

QUOTE]Quote from rs7:

Danny the Marsupial...(in case anyone wondered what the M was for). I keep saying that hanging upside down on the bottom of the planet has caused brain damage. Behave yourself young man, or I will have your aboriginal/gypsy head on a platter! :) As a matter of fact, I will make a cooperative effort with Max to do it!!!!

Anyway, yep, greatest college bowl game I ever saw. That '84 UM-Nebraska game was great too, (because UM won). But that was just a missed 2 pt. conversion at the buzzer. The double overtime last night was really very cool. I actually like the format. Sort of like a shoot-out.

However, that pass interference call against Miami in the end zone....that will haunt me and many others for ever. I mean talk about a BAD call!!!! Not even close!!!!

But gotta give OS credit. 4th and 14, and they convert! Just a truly great and memorable game.

Can there be any doubt that Miami would have scored on their second overtime possession from the 2 yd. line if Willis had not gotten hurt? What a shame. The game could still be going on now if not for that (how many overtimes are there? Can there be a tie? I heard them say on the third overtime they MUST attempt 2 pt. conversions, but I don't know the full rules for college bowl ot's).

And yeah, I was definitely "coaching" from the sidelines....if my sitting 2500 miles away qualifies me for that!!! I certainly was trying to call plays....they didn't seem to hear me. Or if they did, they were ignoring the "smart money". Like I said, the fix was in!:)

Peace,
    :)Rs7
    GO JETS!!

May live in Fla, and be a UM alumni, but boy did I LOVE seeing the Dolphins get eliminated by the Jets DOMINATION of the Packers!!!
    Guess once a New Yorker, always a New Yorker!!!!
    [/QUOTE]

6. rs7

rs7

Yup, there was holding. But not pass interference. And late? The call wasn't even made by the zebra on the play, who just signaled "incomplete".

But there was NO WAY that the intended receiver was impaired from making the catch. The holding probably helped if anything:confused:

:(rs7
    GO JETS!!!! (up 24-0 at the half right now:):):):))

7. Refuted until I see scans of circa 1960's subway tokens.

8. rs7

rs7

Max, my man....tell you this. My first summer after college, riding those UN-AIRCONDITIONED cars was worse than hell! Tie and jacket days, felt like throwing myself in front of the train would have been better than getting on 'em):)

(Wish I had some of those little tokens.....bet they are worth money as collectors items).

Peace and happy new years, and HOW BOUT THEM J-E-T-S JETS!!!!!!!!!
    41-zipola

Rs7