TOTAL HONESTY: how much did you lose today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Dec 11, 2007.

1. You would be the expert in that field.

#51     Dec 11, 2007
  2. T28 barred again in record time just too funny

#52     Dec 11, 2007
  3. I did not lose today, but I am no genius, I got lucky. I use ToS. I heard the gong go off in my software and noticed the FED had announced the rate cut. I checked the DOW and saw a red candle growing larger and larger so I purchased 100 shares of TWM. When it was up a $1, I put in a $1 trailing stop. The rest was history. I was on the sidelines otherwise. Market to volatile for me and I can't watch my account as much as I'd like to.

#53     Dec 11, 2007
  4. My boss lost $10k today. It was a self imposed "Stop trading the day" limit. He said he's not trading tomorrow either, he's sleeping in

#54     Dec 11, 2007
  5. Im sure the fuck nut that was busting my balls about getting out of my longs, which I held since Nov's second dip, on Friday lost a shit load.

I will not post the Idiots handel, he knows who he is.

So, hey fuck nut! Hope you got long and strong. I do not have a crystal ball but the S&P double top, the rally before the Feds decision were two key signals....900 point rally in the INDU before a fed decision is telling..

IDIOT!

#55     Dec 11, 2007
  6. This thread is loaded with newbies and amateurs with rinky dink accounts and short term short profits. A serious trader, a real trader working with numbers, big numbers like me, lost today. You just can't get out quick enough.

I have been trading for over 20 years. Made 13-14% in the past couple of weeks, gave back 0.5% today. Almost all cash now and on the hunt. Gonna kick ass and clean out some of these newbies.

#56     Dec 12, 2007
  7. That doesn't fool anyone, you are not profitable

#57     Dec 12, 2007
  8. Yup, you nailed it Super D.J.! :)

#58     Dec 12, 2007
  9. A .25 point cut was clearly priced in already, in fact most people were trading with the assumption of a .5 cut. I knew a .25 cut would result in a sell-off although not this big, yikes.

#59     Dec 12, 2007
  10. i broke even - in the personal account i held a bunch of fxi 200 calls which lost about 1.50/contract today, in the office account i made back shorting what i lost in the personal so came out even.

#60     Dec 12, 2007