TOTAL HONESTY: how much did you lose today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Dec 11, 2007.

1. A little over $2K in long term equities, but broke even trading. Bottom fished KR and made money, but gave it back towards the close.

#21     Dec 11, 2007
  2. you must be happy to be a loser. Unfortunately for you I have made a lot of money today

#22     Dec 11, 2007
  3. piezoe

piezoe

This was an excellent day for trading the ER2. Programmed buying appeared to kick in between 12:00 and 12:30 creating a large salad bowl. I rode it most of the way up but exited when we went above the morning swing highs. This was not skillful on my part as i could see from the NYSE Trin, A/D and Breadth that we were in a trend and that it was not over yet. So why didn't i hold a few points longer? Can't say except that we were very close to Fed time and i was getting nervous that there might be an early reaction in anticipation , as there sometimes is. I was sorely tempted to go short immediately before the announcement as i was more likely than not that the market would sell off in two out of three scenarios. Certainly i could have risked 1 contract with a tight stop. But could'a, would'a, should'a. I have been taught to stay out of the Fed's way , and old habits die hard. It was also evident that the slope of the S&P since Nov 20 was too steep to be maintained and thus there was every reason to believe that a rate cut had already been priced in. After the main plunge, and the market settled down a bit, it was obvious from the price action and the horrendously negative breadth and A/D, and the NYSE Trin breaking upward that we were very likely to sell right into the close. I got in short at that stage and rode the market down to the close, nearly getting stopped out at one point. Had an anxious moment just before the close as price began to rise but i considered it due to those hapless souls who had earlier thought the selling was over and had been trapped long and were now desperate to exit. I think that analysis is likely correct because, sure enough, in the last 5 minutes the market began to retreat toward my 765.20 target which it reached just before the close. All in all a nice trading day with some fireworks thrown in for good measure. Next time i have such a strong feeling about the Fed move i think i'll chance at least one contract with a tight stop.

#23     Dec 11, 2007
  4. cd23

cd23

increasenow uses the word messy as well.

When a person is making charts as the market unfolds, they represent what is sufficient to know the answer to some key questions for making money.

In addition to what is forming on charts (this is 5 min chart), people also view other secondary manifestations of what is leading the markets. These are aids to be able to see if a forming bar has one permanent end already set. If so and if the particular end is significant, then a person can annotate before the bar ends. The projections into the future ultimately move to the left as the future comes into the present.

Inceasenow sees today as a mess. You see annotating 5 minute bars as a mess.

The annotations overlap, even. This over lap marks the end of the older annotation and notifies the trader of the maximum traverse of his trade that is in position.

Look at the additional more rapidly firing notifications of signals for making proper trades, all within this context. Some notification devises are amplifiers of conditions situations and situations.

We can agree that increasenow has never seen the markets operating. You have and are seeing them through your displays and through your coding successes. these scripts that you use, in part and synergistically, give you lens that are not only focuesed but which amplify the signals related to the successive opportunities.

Look at the 37K P&L posted to give increasenow a wakeup call. Tis is a simple, effective report on how money is made using trading oportunities.

Why now be using devices which lead the price of the instrument you are trading? There is no why not. A person must grow into the place where he uses them and extracts what the market is putting on the table.

We can use a calander to see that at 2:00 pm on december 11th there is going to be money to be made.

So the market affords everyone an entry that is safe and on the right side of the market. Just do it and take the ride.

the market affords us the opportunity to see when and where the ride ends and where the next ride begins.

How long does it take for a person to recognize that a precise exit is also a precise entry. The chart shows all of these as a consequence of prior annotations to the time of their occurance. Add all the leading indicators as well and a person has a continual feed of the sequences of plans becoming reality as done by the smart money traded by very rich people.

There is no question but to join in with these rich people as do as they do. They provide the "tells" in advance and anyone is free to act upon them. It is not messy. It is elegant and deliberative.

#24     Dec 11, 2007
  5. This thread is loaded with hindsight edge.

#25     Dec 11, 2007
  6. plugger

plugger

-$48k, if only I was as smart as proximo. doh!

#26     Dec 11, 2007
  7. eraci

eraci

down $12500. bad day.

#27     Dec 11, 2007
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Wonderful day for you. Congratulations.

#28     Dec 11, 2007
  9. gobar

gobar

lost (90k/100K)*10/100 - 1000