Total for 2006.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by saxon22, Dec 29, 2006.

1. MattF

MattF

lol..well, but still to take $500 and turn it into $20K? Impressive in many standards...

(to do $5K into $200K though...:p :D )

#51     Dec 31, 2006
  2. 6905.75 from stocks 19.59% of the entire account. That was beginning being recorded in april and heavily in CDs sinc august. It would have been alot higher, but subx messd me up hugely I havent gone to one of their stores since and get upset everytime I see the sign (-2712.02 only one of my two losses the other was -219.96 wpsc, but it was more than made up for).

#52     Jan 1, 2007
  3. I live in the "catholic" part of Europe.
    Overhere there are people who talk about money and people who have money.
    I'm between the two groups so i will talk only a little bit about money: i didn't lose money in 2006.

#53     Jan 1, 2007
  4. blast19

blast19

+$140k or so on a approx $100k.

Most of my gains were from a holding I got into last October and I sat on it and did other things this year. 2007 will be a bigger trading year for me.

Already coming into it with a $10k+ gain on MAMA short position so it's opening well.

Good luck this year guys!

#54     Jan 1, 2007
  5. ouch

#55     Jan 1, 2007
  6. Scottrade says my short-term realized P/L is +338.24

I am still have a couple positions open, but I am +210.05 on those.

I started my account around June 2006, and have made total contributions of about $4750. My account's worth is ~$5325. Not bad for a first year, and complete amateur I guess.

I'm looking into doing more options trading, and entering into the futures market in 2007.

Good luck to all!

EDIT: By the way, I should mention that I learned that you should take your profits and run when you are presented with them. I could be up several hundred more dollars right now if I had sold when I had the opportunity on a couple stocks :/

#56     Jan 1, 2007

7. That is not bad, not bad at all.:D :D :D

#57     Jan 3, 2007
  8. SethArb, could you share your results for the previous years?

#58     Jan 5, 2007
  9. bluedemon77

bluedemon77 Guest

About $2,500. My first year trading, full-time since around July. I figure I made around 3 cents per hour. :D

Could have been worse. Could also have been a lot better. My biggest problem was overtrading because I felt like if I wasn't in a trade I wasn't working. Although you would think the opposite, I did better when I was working full-time on other things and didn't watch my trades all day long. Up until about a month ago I was way too quick to pull the trigger to enter and exit.

Other problems were systems that looked good on paper but didn't work in the market. Now I'm back to trading a simple system that limits my losses, but so far I have had lots of little losses and gains but no home runs. Very discouraging to look at a P&L that says you worked all month very hard to make $100. I keep plugging away and hope the light bulb will finally come on.

The thing that really sucks is now I have to pay taxes on my puny capital gains.
    :(

#59     Jan 5, 2007
  10. lost ~8-10%. have not had the motivation to sum things up yet. :)

#60     Jan 5, 2007