Total Beginner

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by john12892, Mar 12, 2008.

1. nolajy

nolajy

Totally agree.. natenberg is way too advanced for you at this point. You should read

Winning in the futures market ..George Angell

the futures game.. by teweles and jones

My first reco for you is to get these at the library... adn take notes on the stuff you like.

there you go.. you just saved/made 40 bucks !

My last bit of advice is to not search for the holy grail or the perfect way of doing this.

Goodluck

#11     Mar 12, 2008
  2. natenburg too complex...really? i think it is a good starting point

#12     Mar 12, 2008
  3. The last think a beginner needs to learn is options. I would go with "The everything investing book" for learning terms and basics, and "Sticky Stock Charts" for technical analysis. Start with the former.

#13     Mar 12, 2008
  4. yea learning to invest is a nice start,

first thing i learned was long term options investment, which was crap.

#14     Mar 12, 2008
  5. so if natenburg is ahead of your curve then you shouldn't be trading...so to all of you "traders" how is your VOL in the front?

#15     Mar 12, 2008
  6. again what up simp

#16     Mar 12, 2008
  7. Try spy, dia or qqq if you want to trade indexes. you could blow out a small account in a day with ES. I would suggest reading quite a bit before trading.

#17     Mar 12, 2008
  8. bat1

bat1

paper trader for a while read everything and pray before bed... Trade what you can afford to lose then sell weed you will make more$

#18     Mar 12, 2008
  9. I love Natenburg, I think volatility and pricing is probly the best written text on trading.
    I'm not 15 though with no clue about the markets. Directing this kid to Natenburg is just stupid.

#19     Mar 13, 2008
  10. Well reading natenburg is never a bad idea

#20     Mar 13, 2008