TOS update??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andytk5, Aug 30, 2010.

1. rickf

rickf

So an HOUR later since problems began, they finally send out a Twitter note:

#1) You can listen to xxxxxxxx on squawkbox through gadgets if you can't get him through support/chat.

#2) Some quotes still not coming through on TOS, coming in spotty. TOS is working on the issues. #fb $$

... how about the fact I still can't log back into the TOS Desktop Platform?

... how about the fact that charts, not just data, reportedly are borked?

IMHO they are spinning / downplaying this problem something fierce.

I am NOT a happy camper right now. As good as TOS has been this past 2 years, that's as horrible as they've been this morning. Grr, argh.

#11     Aug 30, 2010
  2. tlow

tlow

whats the twitter account name? The one I googled only comes up with 1 post from like a year ago.

#12     Aug 30, 2010
  3. joe4422

joe4422

check out interactivebrokers.com

I've rarely had a problem with them

#13     Aug 30, 2010
  4. rickf

rickf

@shadowtraderpro

#14     Aug 30, 2010
  5. I tried TOS before, they once had an outage, and there was a big movement in the markets. You could hear people picking up your call and hanging up since they were so busy.

#15     Aug 30, 2010
  6. This from the TOS website this past weekend:

"Swimmers...

Faster, pussycat! Code! Code! Some days, programmers just aren't in the mood. A trader innocently crossed over to the developers' territory and made a comment about the charts being a little slow. A gimlet-eyed programmer turned from her work and snarled, "You want fast? I show you fast!!" And with a fearsome flurry of phalanges, you have this server-smoking release. As for the trader, he learned that speed is scalable, Oracle has bulk pricing, and coders have claws. Meeyow.

On Saturday, August 28 at 5am CDT, we will be releasing version 1713. New features include:

Faster!

* Server node upgrades, including server and client side performance improvements to reduce latency across the platform
    * More efficient memory usage for complex studies on charts
    * Optimized painting routines for working orders and OCO groups on charts

Furiouser!

* ISE spread book on the Scan page shows you all the multi-legged orders working on the exchange
    * Ability to save/restore client interface configurations (click on Setup button to access)
    * GTC and extended hours orders added to Active Trader as well as enhanced performance and responsiveness
    * Icon changed for previously read news items
    * More decimals for greeks on Trade page (control found in the Setup box)
    * Quick controls for complex orders on the Dashboard gadget

Future-er!

Global futures trading expert, author and hedge fund manager, Linda Raschke, is now an exclusive consultant to our futures team. She and her husband, Damon Pavlatos, who joins TD AMERITRADE as our new Managing Director of futures trading, bring over five combined decades of experience in trading, platform development and education across the futures industry. Their input will help us build the next generation of futures trading functionality in the coming months.

The highly anticipated Fall edition of thinkMoney will be arriving soon. Keep a look out for yours! And you can always check out past editions here.

#16     Aug 30, 2010
  7. andytk5

andytk5

Ha! I say...

#17     Aug 30, 2010
  8. andytk5

andytk5

Looks like new update as of my 6amEST... We'll see

#18     Aug 31, 2010
  9. tlow

tlow

Im still having problems this morning, if the market jumps around or moves a lot in a small time frame, everything just freezes up for like 1-3 secs. I contacted them and they said they are having "server issues" and they should have a patch for it later this morning. We shall see.

#19     Aug 31, 2010
  10. andytk5

andytk5

Yeah, saw something about the highs and lows being incorrect. I made a trade earlier in 10am range in the futures and all went fine so I am not sure what's up. Limits both went through fine. Prob sit out the rest of the day though till this is fixed.

#20     Aug 31, 2010