TOS & the greeks

Discussion in 'Options' started by Pauluss, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Pauluss

Pauluss

Dear all,

It's my pleasure to ask my first question after reading many interesting posts on ET.

I used TOS for paper trading (more to see how strategy works that do "really" trade) and I wonder how the greeks are presented.

I searched on their website but cannot find the answer.

E.g. on the attached file, are they in percentage or in abslute value? Or in another value that I have to multiple by 10 to get the percentage? I would like to understand them to afine my strategies but cannot interpret them right now due to this weakness...

Thanks for helping me,

Paul

2. MTE

MTE

I've never seen a software that displays the greeks on a percentage basis. Thinkorswim has them as an absolute value. So, for the AAPL position you have in the pic the 45 and -55 delta means the number of shares. Or in other words, the particular options have a delta of 0.45 and -0.55, but since 1 contract is for 100 shares and you have 1 contract each those delta numbers are multiplied by 100 to give you per position values.

If you had 2 contracts then those numbers would've been double that.

3. buybig

buybig

MTE is correct..

your looking @ position total greeks..

they are not in %..

you need to change your settings to allow you to view the greeks per contract in the position..

:)