TOS/TDA down again. :(

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by rickf, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Someone write an email to a good reliable broker.
    Tell them we are a group of many TOS's disappointed customers and ask them to give us a good commission plan.

opened a facebook group:
    TD Ameritrade's fed up customers

Please join

#51     Sep 30, 2011
  2. FSU

FSU

Just wanted to comment here as some people are annoyed at Rmorse for "trolling".

I found out about his firm through this message board. Although I ended up staying in a current arrangement instead of going through him, I think he presents a very viable option that many traders do not know about. An active trader can save a substantial amount of money even vs Interactive brokers. Its not for everyone as more money is needed for a portfolio margin account.

Bob gives frequent advice to many traders, his firm sponsors the Options forum (which helps allow Elite trader to exist). I personally welcome ideas even from firms that might profit from my business and do not consider it trolling.

#52     Sep 30, 2011
  3. This just occurred to me: anyone else see anything in the messages about this outage? I just looked through them and didn't see a thing. Checked my email; nothing.
    We're all making the mistake of thinking they want TOS customers; it's blindingly obvious they don't. What they wanted was the software. Us, we could go blow.

#53     Sep 30, 2011
  4. Catoosa

Catoosa

I think TDAT wanted the 250,000 TOS accounts, cash revenue stream, employees, software, and the ongoing business. In my opinion the value of the software was only a small part of the $750,000,000 purchase price paid ($3,000 per account). I think TDAT underestimated what is required to merge TOS within TDAT. The purchase of TOS may well turn out to be another one of TDAT management's poor decisions. TOS does not fit well within TDAT's business model for long term investors.

#54     Oct 1, 2011
  5. these large discount brokers like TDA and e-trade are trying to get the active traders, who are far more profitable than buy & holders.

the TOS software platform and backend of course are worth nowhere near the amount TDA paid to acquire TOS; TDA could have developed it for under $20 million. what TDA paid for was the customer base and revenue stream.

#55     Oct 1, 2011
  6. #56     Oct 1, 2011
  7. Well done! :p Similarly, when I'm asked for an email address and don't even want to provide a temporary one, I give "null@aol.com".

#57     Oct 1, 2011
  8. TylerD

TylerD

I loved TOS and the TOS platform, and every growing library of screencasts, demos, and mobile options. But since the TDA takeover, there's no more monthly updates to the TOS platform :-( .

I do not see a future here.

#58     Oct 1, 2011
  9. Let's hope the problems with TOS won't repeat themselves this week cause I can't find a good enough broker to consider

#59     Oct 2, 2011
  10. rickf

rickf

#60     Oct 2, 2011