TOS/TDA down again. :(

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by rickf, Sep 30, 2011.

1. rickf

rickf

But will they acknowldge the problem to us? Probably not. Did they issue any sort of outage notification this morning? I don't think they did.
    Will we see a CEO-issued explanation/apology letter come after the close? Doubtful.

Farewell, TOS. You were a wonderful place/platform to invest & trade with until TD royally excised all that was great about you during the acquisition.

Yay, progress. *headdesk*

#31     Sep 30, 2011
  2. ...and I see the trade I entered via their website wasn't executed. Grr.....

#32     Sep 30, 2011
  3. nadler

nadler

I just had the website working for my account balances screen. In TOS some things were working and some were not, so I closed it.

But now the website has stopped working also.

(wondering how many free trades this should be worth...)

#33     Sep 30, 2011
  4. moonmist

moonmist

Yes. But it has been very slow. I submitted a limit order to buy at the ask. Take about 30 seconds to get a confirmation.

#34     Sep 30, 2011
  5. The iPhone Thinkorswim app won't log in, and iStockMnger app logs in but will not show any account information (no balances, positions, history). Still waiting.

Desktop app came back, thank TOS.

80 minutes offline. No messages, warning texts. Missed the morning rally. Not helpful, TD Ameritrade. :mad:

#35     Sep 30, 2011
  6. I checked earlier today with Trade King and they told me they don't negotiate fees. Option Express, Option House, Trade Monster too expensive as well (I covered all of TOS's runner-ups for option trading in the 2011 barron's broker review) in the end, after everything said, I will stay with TOS (or whatever is left from it).

maybe I will reopen my MB Trading account as a back up, its 0.95$ a contract with them. I recommend you guys to open a backup account somewhere as well.

#36     Sep 30, 2011
  7. Mainah

Mainah

Just found this forum searching for TOS outage. I like many here am very unhappy with the service since the merger.

What are alternatives to this new TD Ameritrade garbage? I want the old TOS back.

I mainly trade equities and options.

#37     Sep 30, 2011
  8. uptickk

uptickk

I have a backup with IB which I dont love for options trading. Will MB Trading negotiate fees? I am talking mainly with regards to options? Also, is the .95 inclusive of exchange fees?

Thanks

#38     Sep 30, 2011
  9. rickf

rickf

So I just fired off a few questions to Etrade just to settle my curiosity. They require you to enter a phone number to send an inquiry. Good thing I checked before clicking "send" --

"By entering my phone number, email address, and clicking the "Send Now" button below, I am expressly granting E*TRADE Financial Corporation and its affiliates permission to contact me, even if such number/email address is listed on the National Do-Not-Call Registry or E*TRADE's internal do-not-call and do-not-email lists. I acknowledge that my entering my telephone number and email address above constitutes my electronic signature for this consent. "

Umm, no, I don't.... And that's rather rude of you.

So I used their customer service and hit send.. :)

#39     Sep 30, 2011
  10. Catoosa

Catoosa

My guess is TDAT will igive up on the TOS platform as they have on the QuoteTracker platform. TDAT has too many layers of management to be anything but a long term investor's broker.

#40     Sep 30, 2011