TOS/TDA down again. :(

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by rickf, Sep 30, 2011.

1. opt789

opt789

I can’t believe someone hasn’t tried to start a replacement brokerage company because of the void left now that TOS no longer exists. There are really only two companies trying to offer stocks, futures, and options on both. If you don’t care for IB for one reason or another, there is really no alternative now that TOS has been destroyed by TDA. Seems like a pretty easy business model, just copy what TOS used to do, and even if you are not really profitable, just wait for one of the big guys to buy you out.

#21     Sep 30, 2011
  2. I think trade monster is trying to go in that path

#22     Sep 30, 2011
  3. rickf

rickf

I thought MonsterOption or the "Najarian Bros Broker" was trying to fill up that void, but maybe not. I've not followed up on them since they launched a few years ago, though.

OXPS is still my first choice alternate broker @ the moment. As I said, I may go back to them.

#23     Sep 30, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Trade Station?

#24     Sep 30, 2011
  5. Even iPhone app and TDA website trading don't work.

getting my quotes from yahoo! like in 2003 when I just got started.

I cant believe I closed my MB Trading account this week...

#25     Sep 30, 2011
  6. uptickk

uptickk

My blackberry app now working.

#26     Sep 30, 2011
  7. FYI, you can get on the TD Ameritrade website and at least trade. It's a retarded platform for options, but if you try real hard you can do it. Charting is working there, although it's once again pretty retarded.

#27     Sep 30, 2011
  8. uptickk

uptickk

Desktop is working too

#28     Sep 30, 2011
  9. opt789

opt789

Optionsxpress: they charge unbelievably high commissions for options on futures, they are so high that you can’t use them no matter what.

Trade Station: I thought they had gone downhill because people were saying they were not trying anymore.

#29     Sep 30, 2011
  10. karan

karan

if you negotiate with optionsxpress you will get better commission.
    anyone here use http://www.livevolsecurities.com/ ?

#30     Sep 30, 2011