TOS/TDA down again. :(

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by rickf, Sep 30, 2011.

1. karan

karan

it is good for the founders not for us

#11     Sep 30, 2011
  2. rickf

rickf

Even logging into TDA website my account data / watchlists /etc are unavailable. Whatever this is, it's not just the desktop client.

#12     Sep 30, 2011
  3. when TOS were TDA-free and something went wrong (rarely!), they would at least put a notification on the software that there is an issue.

now? as you said, nothing. really sucks.

#13     Sep 30, 2011
  4. agd108

agd108

I could deal with it if just the desktop platform was down, i don't mind logging in to the web to close trade (which I was about to do when it went down), but now I am just locked out and I have to call the trade desk which obviously cannot handle this volume of calls.

#14     Sep 30, 2011
  5. ler

ler

Is it just ToS or is all of Chicago offline? Sosnof's tastytrade site is up but no live video is streaming right now.

#15     Sep 30, 2011
  6. schizo

schizo

True that. But didn't Tom state that the merger would be a win-win scenario (for whom I cannot recall)? I wonder if he hasn't changed his mind yet.

#16     Sep 30, 2011
  7. Exactly

#17     Sep 30, 2011
  8. It sucks, their service is horrible.

#18     Sep 30, 2011
  9. piezoe

piezoe

I'm interested mainly in futures so TOS isn't suitable in any case, but I maintain an account there. And probably will continue to. Anyone trading intraday must obviously use another broker. Even at its best, the TOS platform is too slow for intraday trading, and there is no real Depth of Market Trading Screen. The Tos version of a DOM only gives the size of resting orders 1 deep, at the inside bid and offer. What kind of a joke is that? I assume it's because their platform (Java) is just to slow to be able to keep up with a 10 deep display. Except in a very slow market their charts always noticeably lag the quote. A pretty platform with many useless bells and whistles, but slow, slow, slow! Nice options analysis software though, where speed doesn't matter.

Hope none of you fine folks had a trade on when they went down! I imagine the Trade Desk is a wee bit busy right now. :D

To me, the real problem for TD Ameritrade is not the slow TOS platform, but lack of confidence that comes out of these crashes during the trading day. Even if they do fix things no one is going to trust that it's not going to happen again. These are not minor matters. Millions are at stake, and they don't have the trade desk capacity to handle alternative order routing in emergencies.

#19     Sep 30, 2011
  10. Daryl66

Daryl66

This is BS

#20     Sep 30, 2011