ToS opening new Accnts for Canadians

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Jerryflyguy, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Has anyone heard if or when TOS is going to re-open the ability for Canadians to open accounts? It's been closed since like June? My current broker wants like $45 w/ $6/contract.. how stupid is that.. I've been using the TOS for paper trading but want to start 'dipping my toe' at some point.. and blowing $100/trade [in +out] is kinda outta my league..

Not sure what my other options [no pun intended] are for opening an accnt up here w/ comparible service [ to the TOS platform]..?

2. interactive brokers,

3. seadog

seadog

Zumo accepts Canadian accounts.

4. so does interactivebrokers

5. Does either IB or Zuma allow a transfer of a TFSA into their system.?? I'm not sure if ToS does either.. but I'd prefer to keep trading inside my TFSA..

6. l2tradr

l2tradr

IB doesn't, TOS will

7. Ahh.. well I guess it's just a waiting game to see when they are going to open it back up to new accnts for Canadians.. I wonder if I could set up an accnt through TD and then use the ToS platform and get in that way?

8. l2tradr

l2tradr

You can ONLY open up TOS accounts through TD, and like I said earlier, not yet.

9. Etrade and OptionsXpress accept Canadian citizens.

10. Last time I checked.. Etrade was pretty much a thug when it came time to pull your money out.. they were looking for some pretty outragous rates [%].. Haven't tried the other suggestion.. but I'll go look :)

#10     Dec 16, 2009