TOS new look

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by R1234, Sep 28, 2015.

1. R1234

R1234

Just opened it - I like it! Modernized.

2. Don't like it. UI customization is more restricted. Changes to UI not obvious. Also no longer able to add/change columns on the position page. Unable to change the column width by dragging or other means. Truncated column value shown, such as "HV 3". I want to see the actual historical volatility value not just the first number!

3. Ugh, yeah. They put in lots of extra headers and stuff that you can't minimize, so I can only fit only about 2/3 as many charts and such as before. Guess they'll get only 2/3 as much trading out of me, and I'll do the rest at other brokers.

I hate the fact these things are mandatory upgrades, not backwardly compatible (ie you can't get it to do the old thing), and not announced in advanced. At least IB is a lot better on the software development front - you can keep using old versions for a long time with them until you decide the changes are worth your trouble to figure out the upgrades.

4. To be more optimistic, for those of you who like the new upgrade, what do you like about it and what can it do now that you find useful?

5. Chubbly

Chubbly

I do like that I can resize the left hand columns as I don't use it much.
    I am not really liking the look/feel to be honest. I immediately liked the old one the first time I used it.

6. it immediately ask me to resize my ram and runs a bit smoother so I would think some of the changes are behind the dash. I was trying to find a way to give it more ram on linux anyway..I like that it assess this and resizes it automatically.

They manage to put a lot of selections right on the main trading screen without clutter and interruption (prophet, product depth, Investools, OnDemand, think A.I., messaging, real-time support button

7. i960

i960

As far as I know there's way to tighten up the UI in the settings somewhere. The default is "looser" whitespace wise than old TOS.

8. I wish they would focus more on data feed/memory/speed/reliability rather than UI

i960 likes this.
  9. i960

i960

If you think about it, the interface has kinda been TDA-i-fied. That being said, I like the TDA website look - so I don't mind the UI reskinning. I do mind ignoring efficiency/CPU/data/etc as @heavenskrow mentioned.

I bet if the devs made the priority decisions we'd see other things improved/changed.

10. destriero

destriero

Guys, the new ver. asked me to increase my memory allo, which I did, but can't find it in settings. I'd like to increase it moar.

#10     Sep 28, 2015