ToS is adding "Robotic Trading Engine"

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Maverickz, Aug 24, 2009.

1. rickf

rickf

I'll take your word for it -- I've tried it on two currently-configured Mac machines with no luck. TOS tells me it's something they're working on. My luck, it's prolly some Apple-induced hiccp with Java on OSX 10.5. Perhaps when I reformat my boxes to 10.6 this spring it'll resolve itself.

#11     Jan 20, 2010
  2. I hear trading with a Mac is good for an extra 200 to 300 basis points a year.

#12     Jan 20, 2010
  3. Key issue: can you develop your own indicators and functions a la Tradestation's easylanguage. A slick GUI interface alone doesn't really "hack-it".

#13     Jan 21, 2010
  4. Well, at least the Ameritrade commercials make it look slick.
    :D
    Exactly what was the problem with Strategy Desk ?

#14     Jan 21, 2010
  5. iancand

iancand

The Prodigio platform uses the GUI as the primary way to create strategies by loading visual compnents by clicking and dragging using the mouse, configuring the component variabls/settings, and then linking the components with the proper relationship to one another in a visual fashion like Visio or the Access DB table views. So in effect you arent writing any code.

So far Prodigio has been a super huge flop. Tons of hype for months about the release. Once it was released it was dead on arrival and now Thinkorswim is not announcing any plans of when they will update the system to have a live functioning application. I am truly disappointed. Right now all they have is a cool looking software app that really does nothing but blink and make noises. I do hope they can get get their act together soon.

#15     Jan 27, 2010
  6. drjmpc

drjmpc

Improves are supose to be coming and the release is scheduled for this summer [possibly a couple of weeks]. Watching the second in a series of 4 live Webcasts for TOS customers. It looks really promising. I wonder can be combined with ThinkPipes [TOS's Institutional Platform]. I would love that as I am considering getting my Series 3, 31, and 34 -- along with a 65 and opening an advisory practice.

#16     May 19, 2010
  7. How are strategies and indicators built within ThinkPipes ?
    Java ?
    Proprietary scripting ?
    ???

#17     May 25, 2010
  8. Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I have a question:

I read on the MPOWER site that even though you get Prod free with a TOS acct, they lock commissions at $0.01 a share PLUS exchange fees for selling.

HOW the hell do they plan you make money scalping an algo when it will cost a buck a hundred for execution?? So you are meaning to tell me you would need to make 0.03 on a 20K lot to make 185 bucks??? And if you wash the trade you lose 450, God forbid it goes against you .03 you blow it out and lose 1100?!?!??!

Good plan, for TOS and MPower maybe

Let me know if I am missing something

#18     May 28, 2010
  9. You are.

Starting with the minor detail that the platform is completely inappropriate for that kind of trading.

#19     May 28, 2010
  10. shit, I dont even want to scalp at 1/2 cent a share in this market no less 1 cent + fees.

#20     Jun 1, 2010