TOS annoying symbol look up feature

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by qlai, Nov 8, 2019.

1. qlai

qlai

Hello, when I enter symbol in TOS's Chart window I get the below symbol lookup pop up. It stays there for a couple of seconds unless I press enter. It's super annoying because I type faster than TOS can update the GUI so I get messed up :) Anyone knows a way to turn this off or circumvent this? I asked support they said no. If I click on symbol from watchlist I don't have this problem but my watchlist is small.

Thanks

upload_2019-11-8_10-13-28.png

2. zdreg

zdreg

Short AMTD
    Making money is the best revenge.

3. qlai

qlai

Actually, I think they may be doing much better now with zero commissions. I actually placed my first options trade in a long while.

4. zdreg

zdreg

I agree.

5. I'm not sure what the problem is? To call up a symbol I just type it in and press enter (ignoring the pop up). You can also drag and drop a symbol to the chart area from any watchlist you have open.

6. qlai

qlai

I get alerts on stocks which are not on my regular watch list. Now I need to type the symbol into chart window which already has some symbol I'm watching. So first I need to erase the existing symbol and then type in new one. It first loads the chart and then pops up the symbol look up box. It takes a few seconds for the whole procedure. It's slowing me down, man :)

Nobert likes this.