torturing democracy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Dec 31, 2008.

1. My sister in law's kid came back from Iraq with film of recruits parading around with limbs and posing next to corpses and basically demonstrating a mentality that ought to be repulsive to
    any thinking human being. Somewhere I found statistics of the
    civilian casualties of the last "wars" respectively it goes: WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Iraq - - 10, 50, 70, 90 percent. The jury is out on accuracy but the accountability for your own brainwashing ought to park at your own doorstep. Support people at the expense of principles or principles at the expense of people. But right nobody should get killed for no reason not even the brainwashed.

#11     Jan 3, 2009

2. QUOTE]Quote from ZZZzzzzzzz:

You sound like a Dallas Cowboys fan.

Look, you can certainly support the young men and women, hoping they don't get killed. I support that.

I don't support them risking their lives for foreign interest, oil companies, neocons, etc.

You can hate Jerry Jones, and hate T.O., and think Romo is a panzy when the pressure is on, and wish they would fire the coach...and still support the Cowboys.

Sometimes support is wanting those you care about to have better leadership...and I never unconditionally support leadership, when they are acting as politicians and not revealing their true ambitions.
    [/QUOTE]

ZZZzzz, from Omegapoint posts of the past, I think he was sarcastic with his post above, and not really feel that way. That post above is opposite of what he feels. Is that right omegapoint?

#12     Jan 3, 2009

3. ZZZzzz, from Omegapoint posts of the past, I think he was sarcastic with his post above, and not really feel that way. That post above is opposite of what he feels. Is that right omegapoint?
    [/QUOTE]

Nothing gets past Z and that didn't.

#13     Jan 4, 2009