Torture?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 2, 2003.

1. the difference referred to is that of state vs. individual action. The point is that when government is given power to use illegal "fire," at its discretion, all of history suggests that that power will be extended and abused. and even if you, for some reason, believe the current administration to be above such temptation, ask yourself if you're ready to trust the next politician with that precedent.

the US justifiably holds a certain moral superiority over other societies that employ barbaric and inequitable punishment and selective and corrupt judicial systems. it seems that singling out individuals to be tortured, barring some very extreme, imminent danger, would damage that superiority.

#51     Mar 4, 2003
  2. I would propose preventing the desire for revenge due to another attack. The POS has no Const. rights; he's not a citizen, he's not in this country and he is a combatant.

#52     Mar 4, 2003
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

I have to say....Bung and Madison bring great points to the table. Although I voted for the torture of this scumbag; I can certainly agree with the points they are trying to make...

THE BIG PICTURE.................:cool:

#53     Mar 4, 2003
  4. Good Lord, your own words aren't even enough to convince you.

How many murderous attacks with thousands of casualties is it going to take for you and those like you to change your mind? Ah yes, I forgot: as long as it isn't you and yours, let's act like gentlemen. But the lives of your fellow citizens? Not worthy.

People care more about their pets and SUVs than the protection of their country and countrymen.

#54     Mar 4, 2003
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

so should we torture murdering thugs...like "mafioso's" or "drug dealers" certainly they have information we can use to stop future acts of violence. Maybe we should have squeezed some info out of McVeigh....but hey im with ya...I would cut his balls off......

Try stealing meat from a state owned farm in Cuba....oh boy....

#55     Mar 4, 2003
  6. I'm talking about identified terrorists like this bozo. Why is it that suddenly opponents of torturing terrorists decide we are advocating mass torture?

As far as drug dealers, don't even bother torturing them. I'm all for the Malaysian style of hanging drug dealers. If rope gets too expensive, do as the Chinese do, shoot 'em in the back of the head, and then charge the family for the bullet. It shouldn't cost us hard-working taxpayers 1 million dollars per capital execution.

#56     Mar 4, 2003
  7. Oh, what a good idea.

You really should move to Iraq or China. I think they'd agree more with your beliefs than most Americans would.

As for me, the Netherlands are looking better every day...

And PS, I hate SUVs. They're wasteful and support terrorism. It's funny how quickly the whole anti-drug "drugs support terrorism" campaign fell apart as soon as all the Right Wingers realized that their SUVs pump FAR MORE $$$ into the pockets of Saddam and the other terrorists than drugs ever did. But they still buy 'em like crazy.

May the hypocrites rot in suburbia forever.

#57     Mar 4, 2003
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

First off...I voted for torture in this case. But I can see how this can spill out into non-terrorists activities ( give them the power and why stop at terrorism ).

But im with ya......except for shooting the drug dealers in the back of the head. That would make my krypi go thru the roof...:D

#58     Mar 4, 2003
  9. "Khalid Sheikh Mohammed - the alleged al-Qaeda mastermind arrested last weekend in Pakistan - is a "hero of Islam," Pakistan's largest Islamic party has said. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/2819875.stm

[​IMG]<--Work of "Hero of Islam"

God- Protect Me From Your Followers

#59     Mar 4, 2003
  10. Amusing rant. May you and your family be spared terrorist attacks and a gang-rape by crackheads.

#60     Mar 4, 2003