toronto Trading Room?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by trontotrader444, Oct 26, 2012.

1. redbull44

redbull44

#22     Jan 10, 2013
  2. This guy Bryan Downing is flogging software...
    His web site has that wacky "housewife makes $723/day trading" vibe...
    Meetups designed to sell a product tend to fall short.

#23     Jan 10, 2013
  3. Petro

Petro

work downtown Toronto trading options and futures for a hedge fund. Happy to meet up with anyone, maybe even over lunch or after the close

#24     Jan 10, 2013
  4. redbull44

redbull44

No pressure to buy anything at all, I have been to his meetup and very good atmosphere for traders to meet each other.

#25     Jan 10, 2013
  5. hi, I received 3 reply plus me, total 4 want to meet together. OK, where shall we meet. I am in North York ( Bayview +York Mills).

I recommend we can pick up an area for all we easy to reach and a Tim Horton's is good place. what do you think?

The date for me is any day.

James

#26     Jan 10, 2013
  6. OK, I may actually show up... for the above reason.

#27     Jan 11, 2013
  7. RobertSh

RobertSh

So, have you give come up with a consensus to meet or not ? I wouldn't mind to break the boredom once in a while and have friendly meetings....
    I'm in North York too, right on Yonge...

#28     Jan 20, 2013
  8. Robertsh - I'm in the area as well. I'd be interested in meeting up, there's an organic burger/coffee shop paradise cafe in the hood we can all meet up. I'm flexible

#29     Jan 21, 2013
  9. Petro

Petro

looking to keep this local so I figure I'll post it here vs somewhere else. I might have $1mm of my firms capital to allocate to one or more traders ($250-500k per). We're looking to diversify an internal trading team. Depending on performance and our capital raising efforts, that figure has the potential to increase during the year and beyond.

Now before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, there are a few caveats you should be aware of. First of all, the trading would need to be done from our offices, downtown Toronto. You can not trade remotely from home, other job, etc. There is no salary, it would strictly be a eat what you kill situation. You'd probably be looking at getting a 1 and 10 kind of deal. I understand those fees using $250-500k isn't much but that's the deal, so this would serve someone who is already trading independently and is looking for a foot in the door at a hedge fund and hedge fund capital. You'd have your own sub-account as part of a larger fund so your returns would be audited and marketable down the road, assuming a good track record is created.

Last caveat, you need to be able to explain your strategy(ies) fully. We cannot invest firm capital in something we don't fully know or understand. Signing an NDA is not a problem for us, but if you want to keep your trading a secret (and I understand if you do), this isn't for you.

PM me if interested

#30     Jan 22, 2013