Toronto Traders Meeting May 15, 2008

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by vanquish, May 2, 2008.

1. It looks like we need someone to to present a topic for the May meeting. You can talk about any topic that you like, so if someone has not presented this year sofar, please step forward and contribute to the group.

#11     May 6, 2008
  2. sumosam

sumosam

Barry definitely put up his hand when asked for a presenter in May. Lets hold him to it. :cool:

#12     May 6, 2008
  3. bump

#13     May 7, 2008
  4. Bump

#14     May 7, 2008
  5. bump

#15     May 8, 2008
  6. PaulRon

PaulRon

always on thursday nights eh... got volleyball that night (cant let the team down)... are there any plans to host on a different night? if so, i'm down

#16     May 8, 2008
  7. Paul,

There are no plans as of yet to move the Thrusday timeframe. Alot of the traders work half day fridays and are gone for the weekends etc..etc..

What day would you prefer?

#17     May 8, 2008
  8. pbw

pbw

Personally I prefer Fridays myself --but we found pubs are usually more busy then and if you get a bigger group of traders showing up, then you need to get reservation --more of a hassle--but I would not mind giving Friday's another try --

perhaps we could try meeting twice a month --one on thurs and one on friday --its always nice to get out and go for a beer.

Btw, Barry -- are you planning to do a ETF presentaion --as originally planned -- let us know. I am willing to do one on an incredible personal money management system which I have found very useful.

#18     May 8, 2008
  9. pbw

pbw

If I may also say one more thing -- when the presenter is giving his/her talk and others start talking to themselves while the presenter is speaking -- its distracting and also quite annoying. Out of respect to the presenter its only fair that everyone give their attention -- we have had some good, useful presentations so far -- the presentaions are not long -- so everyone has the whole evening to chat and socialize -- so while the presenter is talking everyone should give full attention -- and make the presentation a success by asking interesting and useful questions.

Also the tip envelope that goes to the presenter for buying a beer is mandatory and not optional --if the presenter does not want it -- then no problem, the tip envelope goes to the first homeless person that comes by...

#19     May 8, 2008
  10. PaulRon

PaulRon

I'm good any other day (maybe not saturday night)... am just getting into trading and curious to meet other traders in the city

#20     May 8, 2008