Toronto Traders Hook Up- Aug 23

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by torontoman, Aug 3, 2007.

1. pbw

pbw

I count 10 persons coming out -- it would be nice to get 15 -- so five more persons need to hurry up and sign in...

#21     Aug 20, 2007
  2. xtour

xtour

I'd love to join in but weeknights are tough for me to make (I'm just outside of TO). Next time around if you can consider Fridays, Sat or Sundays I'd love to join in.

B

#22     Aug 20, 2007
  3. pbw

pbw

Fri and Sat's --most places are busy -- you often need to make reservations --some places even require a cover charge. Its a big hassel when you reserve a spot -- and not all the persons show up --you have empty chairs while others in the place want chairs. The bars also wants the group to spend some decent money to make it worth their while. Sundays also not too good --as most have their weekends planed. Thurs seem to work just right --so either you roll up your sleeve and dish out the inconvience of coming down or --- or you wait a long time --for the just in case date change....

#23     Aug 20, 2007
  4. pbw

pbw

Are their any serious currency traders in TO-- which is what I do --come join us for a drink on Thurs-- and lets talk about some non b.s. stratedgies.....some that make some real $. Would love to share and exchange some knowledge and tips....

btw Xtour, I agree London is a bit far to come from -- however, last month, I beleive a couple of persons came from Guelph. In fact, a while back, a trader from Hong Kong visiting here - also dropped by. But again I agree, the drive from London would be a bit long. Cheers.

#24     Aug 21, 2007
  5. I won't be there for 7:30 pm unless I can get someone to take my son home from hockey. But I'd like to be there, so tentatively count me as 11. What time do you usually go to?

#25     Aug 21, 2007
  6. :
    I usually stay until 9:30 or 10 and am one of the first to leave. I don't know how long others stay.

Torontoman

#26     Aug 21, 2007
  7. Just a reminder that tonight is the night to drown your sorrows at the Toronto hook up at Paupers Pub. Come one, come all.

Torontoman

#27     Aug 23, 2007
  8. I was the last one to leave. I think it was 11:30pm by then.

#28     Aug 23, 2007
  9. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

#29     Sep 7, 2007
  10. A quick request to all Ontario traders, please. As many of you many know, we have been trying to get the Ontario Securities Commission to approve U.S. trading firms for years. We are setting up a meeting soon, and have a bunch of letters and emails asking for the Commission to consider the U.S. firms (and Bright in particular to begin with), so that Ontario traders have a choice, and options in pursuing their careers in trading.

If anyone would like to help, simply send me an email to donbright@brighttrading.net and say something like "I would like to explore trading with Bright" - nothing commital or anything, just a vague request.

Thanks in advance,

Don

#30     Sep 20, 2007