Toronto meetup March 20th

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by TachyonTrader, Mar 6, 2008.

1. sumosam

sumosam

Will do.

#21     Mar 17, 2008
  2. pbw

pbw

CB, just curious --who do you use for your broker and what charting software do you use for the DAX and other futures..

#22     Mar 17, 2008
  3. I don't use a broker i have the screens in front of me. I use a trading platform called Stellar, it has access to all futures markets and is very simular to TT. However it has an amazing autospreader.

I was part of a trading arcade in the UK but now trade from a spare room here. So i trade off quad screens over a vpn (down a business line) to the arcade i was part of, we clear Fortis. I also have CGQ, also on quads. And i have a news squawk service, www.ransquawk.com . these guys basically shouting newsheadlines and figures down the squawk all day.

Dax trades pretty technical in my opinion, previous highs and lows are key. It is also very news driven, so when i hear something i go with it. I also use inside and outside bars on CQG to give me signals. As a fallback i have 2 hedges, DJ Eurostox and Mini Dow to lean on.

#23     Mar 17, 2008
  4. pbw

pbw

It seems the dow often follows the Dax. Do you trade the dow based on what the Dax did?

Also your arcade in the UK holds your funds I pressume and executes the trades. Is it a private club -

#24     Mar 17, 2008
  5. i execute the trades myself and they clear them, not a private club. there are numerous arcades in london.

MAREX, SAXON, ELITE, SCHNEIDER TRADING ASSOC, KYTE....just to mention a few. They have a number of established traders, but most also take on graduates and 'train' them up. They basically give these kids a shitty deal that means the house rarely wins. But when they find someone who can cut it that is where they make there money.

Also yes they hold funds for me. This would al depend on the deal, some put down there own funds and receive 100%, others might put down a token amount and get 90% of returns, some may put down nothing and get a worse split. This depends completely on track record.

I also know of another Brit trading out of Oakville on a simular arrangement with another Arcade in London, UK. Aswell as knowing for a fact one of these arcade setups exist in Montreal. It was set up by one of the most successdul arcade traders to come out of London, Andy Priston. Read here

http://ago.mobile.globeandmail.com/generated/archive/RTGAM/html/20060106/wxrbraveheart06.html

Hope that helps

Chris

#25     Mar 18, 2008
  6. sumosam

sumosam

what is an arcade?

#26     Mar 18, 2008
  7. There are loads of arcades in London, the likes of Marex, Elite, Saxon, STA etc.....basically it is a company that provides the facility to set up a group of traders, provide them with news, charting, software, clearing, coaching (if needed) in exchange a trader will do one of 2 things.

1) deposit funds with them in order to be given size to trade and pay a monthly desk cost plus brokerage per lot.
    2) deposit little or no funds, be given size to trade, paying desk costs, plus brokerage and a percentage of profits.

Refco Trading Services, prior to going bust due to the run on the company offered this service in London, Gibraltar, Chicago, New York and Montreal. The US offices were taken on by MAN in the UK by MAREX and Montreal went there own way i believe. I don't believe any of the others operate this side of the Atlantic.

At one stage Refco in London had 200 plus traders, now Marex London is about 60 plus. STA (Schneider Trading Associates) is probably 80 plus. Saxon and Elite i have no idea. There are others aswell. Some of these offer remote trading aswell, via either VPN or dedicated lines.

If you do google those names in the co.uk sections you will get more info.

Chris

#27     Mar 18, 2008
  8. sumosam

sumosam

thanks for the comprehensive response.

:) :D

#28     Mar 20, 2008