Toronto meetup March 20th

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by TachyonTrader, Mar 6, 2008.

1. PaulRon

PaulRon

what time do you guys meet, and are wannabe traders allowed?

#11     Mar 10, 2008
    #12     Mar 11, 2008
  3. pbw

pbw

For those who want to take advantage of Pauper's half price appetizer specials --(and they are indeed good) its from 4pm - 7pm --so you need to arrive at least 6:45pm ---

New persons are always welcomed --

I personally like Paupers a lot --however, I just don't like their tight seating arrangement -- perhaps we can bring our own portable stools from home so there can be more mobility.... seriously though-- I trust the host Tachyon will look into this..

#13     Mar 14, 2008
  4. I would love to come down and meet some people but it isn't convenient at the moment. I just moved over from London, UK to Wasaga Beach. What do you guys trade? Stock, Indices? I myself have been trading 13 years, 6 at Merrill and the last 8 self employed(aswell as a stint with a Hedge Fund). However i trade futures, a mix of Bond, STIR and Index Futures. Any other Toronto traders in the futures markets? If so and you are ever up by the the Georgian Bay area, drop me a line and we could hook up.

Chris

#14     Mar 17, 2008
  5. sumosam

sumosam

Hi everyone,

I've just returned from Adrienne Toghraie's seminar and am pumped...but in a calmer way...be ready to be uplifted!

:) :eek: :D

#15     Mar 17, 2008
    #16     Mar 17, 2008
  7. I mainly trade Bonds and STIRS, but when i do get involved in Index Futures it is primarily Dax, Eurostox, Ftse, Mini Dow and Mini Nasdaq. Did have a look at ER2 and S&P, but didn't like the price action. I go for the Dax because of the bigger tick size. Euro 25 a pt. And it trades pretty technical. Been in Wasaga since end of October, settling in pretty well, but still working European hours. Not gonna stop that until i either collapse or the money making opportunities disappear.

I will send you my email address, next time you are up this way give me a shout.

Chris

#17     Mar 17, 2008
  8. pbw

pbw

If you trade Dax you must be up all night --and sleep during the day? with a family --how do u manage --I would like if you came down someday and did a presentation somtime. Wasaga is not that far.

Or better still how about we do a hook up in Wasaga in the summer -- some nice bars there-- I sometimes just jump in the car and take off to Wasaga for a swim in Georgian waters to get away from the stress of city living. Nice area there. Maybe we could do a hook up there in a few months when the lake water warms a bit...just an idea.

#18     Mar 17, 2008
  9. pbw

pbw

sumosam, if you could have a one page outline with your ideas that you could pass out to the others. It a noisy bar later on --so you probably have 10 -15 min of low noise before the crowds come in. Looking forward to your presentation..

#19     Mar 17, 2008
  10. sounds like a date. Yeah i get up at 2am..but i grab naps during the day. I also set myself a weekly target once i hit that i stop for the week.

#20     Mar 17, 2008