Topsteptrader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by deaddog, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Yesterday I passed the FTP. :)

Up to todays Morning there came the new changes you have written about I think.

From "1." I have not read anything about before. So I guess it was already no longer actual when I startet in TST at December.

And the "2." ... this one means that you have canceled the timeframe completely which was set for making up a higher Drawdown-level over the starting capital?
    The same parameters as in the combine?
    Means: If I have a bad start I will have the 3% DD under startingcapital rest over weeks and months?
    This would be a great possibility and freedom to trade without pressure! :thumbsup:

(If I was wrong, please explain. I do not want to get off my Funded Acc.;)
    In the account aggreement I have to fill out in this minutes is still the old rule of 10 trading days. No matter to sign this I hope.)

Thanks for infos
    and best regards topstepnewrules.png account aggreemet.png

#2591     Jan 11, 2017
  2. And something new for me in the agreement now - the chat.
    Unfortunetely the link ("this link") is not connected. There is no hyperlink to any chat behind. I hope the door to the chat will be given later as well.
    tstchat.png

#2592     Jan 11, 2017
  3. Topstep

Topstep

@whitepaper Yes, you are correct on both instances! Your Funded Account will reflect these new parameters.

The link to chat is topsteptrader.com/chat. If you have questions about logging in please contact support@topsteptrader.com or 888-407-1611.

Trade well,

TopstepTrader Team

#2593     Jan 11, 2017
  4. Ok, thank you.
    Seems to be a very good managed process from combine to FTP to Funded!

Logging-in works now after support-contacting.
    I think that "SquawkRadio" to which I got the login infos is the same than the required chat (?).

Just one question about this:
    I usually do not use any chats or so on while trading.
    I have to concentrate on my trading and on anything else at the same time.
    It is not possible for me to follow any 'radio-listening' or 'chat-writing' the day long there.

What for is the required logging in the chat?
    And there are no requirements to listen to or to read anything while trading I hope?!

Thanks for info
    and best regards

#2594     Jan 12, 2017
  5. Topstep

Topstep

@whitepaper
    Thanks for your positive feedback. Your login information for Squawk Radio is the same for chat. Their are no requirements to use the chat channel.
    Trade Well.

#2595     Jan 12, 2017
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

But you have to be logged into the chat as a Funded trader while trading correct? In plain English, you can't take a position at 9 am, close the laptop, then come back at 3:30 pm and close the position?

#2596     Jan 12, 2017
  7. Topstep

Topstep

Hi @Pekelo , you are no longer required to be logged into chat when holding a position in the Funded Account. However, you must be available via phone at all times while actively trading. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you and trade well.

#2597     Jan 12, 2017
  8. Thank you TopstepTrader for changing the 10 day rule and giving me an opportunity to earn money trading. I now can trade at ease and not fast pace during the 10 day time span.

Thank you,

#2598     Jan 12, 2017
  9. Okay I signed up for TST and I have a few questions.

How exactly do we monitor our unrealized net P&L including commissions when Ninjatrader does not seem to calculate that on the account summary? NT only shows our net P$L. I can understand how to include unrealized by looking at our positions tab, but how do we keep in check previous commissions and fees???

Can you please dumb down max daily drawdown? So if my max is $1500 on the 30k, that means if I lose $500 on the first day I if I lose $1000 more on that account(not in one day of course) , I'm out?>

#2599     Jan 19, 2017
  10. Xela

Xela

You must have not seen this page, I think - but it will help you a lot. ;)

#2600     Jan 20, 2017