Topsteptrader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by deaddog, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Simple...Use the CME-required margins. That is what they require of the FCM, so that is what the FCM requires of the trader.

#2581     Oct 1, 2016
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Regarding that, I'll send you some screenshots next week in PM and discuss it further there. There must be something I am missing here.

#2582     Oct 1, 2016
  3. gkishot

gkishot

100K or 150K account? That means no leverage, right? Just curious what is your average annual return?

#2583     Oct 2, 2016
  4. But wait a minute! The trader isn't putting up any margin in the backed account. So the entire TST model would have to change, whereby the backer is now willing to place the excess capital that CME requires for overnight margin PLUS take on the risk of any potential adverse event. I can see it working on a hedge fund model where a trader is on salary, trades from an office, and the firm has in-house risk management in place. However, TST isn't structured that way, since you're trading as an independent contractor with 1099 income, and trading remotely.

#2584     Oct 2, 2016
    Xela likes this.
  5. Topstep

Topstep

We just wanted to update the ELITETRADER community that we have launched an exciting new website and more importantly, back-end infrastructure this week.

What does this mean for you?
    • Easier front-end website navigation
    • More informative and accessible dashboard
    • New comprehensive Trade Reports and tools
    • Ability to quickly launch new features and benefits

In addition to these positive changes, many of our platform partners have updated their connection instructions to include a TopstepTrader specific option. This is most evident in the drop down box while selecting your data feed.

We appreciate everyone's patience as we migrate to this new system and are extremely excited for all of the new features and functionality this is going to give our users in the future! If you have any questions, please contact TopstepTrader Support at 888-407-1611 or support@topsteptrader.com

Trade well,

TopstepTrader Team

#2585     Nov 9, 2016
  6. Thank you.

Although, i am not funded yet. I am enjoying the service.

#2586     Nov 23, 2016
  7. Topstep

Topstep

@SimpleMeLike We are glad to hear that you enjoy our services. Hope that you keep working towards becoming a Funded Trader.

#2587     Nov 23, 2016
  8. Thank you for your explanation.

I have just done the combine. 100k - unfortunetely. If I had informed me better about the following costs for the databundles I would have chosen the 150k. The markets I trade means 85 + 85 + 59 = 229$ p.m. / 2748$ p.a.
    --> 1.832 % fixcosts on the 150k
    --> 2.784 % fixcosts on the 100k
    ... Starting trading business with nearly 2% fixcosts (without other things in the budget) is heavy enough. Nearly 3% is already Oooops. The combines under 100k in relations to fixcosts nearly senseless.
    Other theme.

Now I am in the Funded Trader Preparation.
    And only by visiting boards like this and reading your quoted comment I understand that TST is getting ALL riskmoney out after 10 trading days in the funded account.
    This is hard - and not very realistic for trading.
    A MaxDD of 3% ist hard enough.
    I can live with this.
    But any wonderful good strategy can make a trader sure to get 3% in 10 Tradingdays.
    Every result under the 3% after the first ten days makes the trading to a luck-gaming/gambling.
    Realistically every account which has not the result of + 3% after only 10 trading days has to pray for special luck parameters from day 11 on.

I could live with TST getting ALL risk money out - but in a realistic timeframe.
    AT LEAST 20 Days. Really fair would only be 30-40 days I think.

Until now I was really enjoying the TST service!

The 6% trading goal in the combine I have made in the first two days ( - I wanted to have nice days after then in the end of the years and their celebrations).
    BUT: This is only possible by using very hard leverage and having a good wave.

For the day 11 in the funded account there is no realistic strategy to make a good trader sure to reach the only senseful aim of at least 3%.

I will try my best.
    But I know already that this is not enough if luck is not with me, too.
    Making a DD of 1 or 2 % at first ... and having perhaps only a few days to reach 3% over 0. Wahhh this is awful.
    So perhaps I will hold the funded account - if luck is with me. If not, I will fail.

I really would like to see TST making something about 20 to 40 days out of the 10 - this would be realistic parameters.

(Sorry for my broken English - it is not my mother tongue.)

#2588     Dec 28, 2016
  9. Hello whitepaper,

Congraluations on passing the combine.

I am still in combine after 2 months, due to some mistakes of my own.

Yes, the first 10 days in the funded will be challenging because you have to trade 10 days straight and better hope the markets is heavily trending those 10 days and no mistakes.

20 days would be great.

#2589     Dec 28, 2016
  10. Topstep

Topstep

@whitepaper @SimpleMeLike We are excited to hear that you both are so dedicated in the Trading Combine and Funded Trader Preparation. We’re currently reviewing the 10 day rule as well as other rules and requirements to earn a Funded Account. We expect to announce any relevant changes in January, so stay tuned for 2017 updates! Thanks and Trade Well!

#2590     Dec 29, 2016