Topsteptrader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by deaddog, Jun 25, 2013.

1. deaddog- Maverick is correct but a quick answer is what I look for as well when digging around. You can get a quick answer better than I can explain it here: call 312.252.9490, ask for Conor. Tell him I sent you.

mp

#11     Jul 1, 2013
  2. deaddog

deaddog

My first reaction is if I phone then you’ll have my phone number and I get enough unwanted calls as it is.

Secondly if I phone then the questions remain unanswered on this thread.

If the answers are on the web site then point me to a link and I’ll find them. I have browsed the FAQs and haven’t found the answers to any of my specific questions. I’m not saying that they are not there just that I haven’t tripped over them yet.

If anyone else knows the answers to those specific questions I’d appreciate a link.

#12     Jul 1, 2013
  3. ammo

ammo

tried it 3 times ,i am a terrible scalper so it wasn't for me,they have my number on file ,never bother me, i do get emails but i have the choice to unsubscribe,if you are a successful scalper with minimal losses and need a backer,this is the place to go,if not,then try to learn to scalp intraday and go home flat,have a low intrady loss limit and make sure you dont hit it,when you can do that,join the combine ,whne i was there it was 5 lot max size and 1000 max loss per day,i think the max loss has been lowered..before i attempted i was able to find out all those restrictions,parameters ..from the website

#13     Jul 1, 2013
  4. deaddog

deaddog

Thanks ammo;
    I'll give them a call if I've got the time in the next couple days.
    Not even close to being a scalper but it's an interesting concept. Just curious about the model.

#14     Jul 1, 2013
  5. ammo

ammo

i was a few decades ago,spx had a 3 pt daily range,it was easy ,things change,it takes a lot now to become one,and the biggest part i think is sittting still the majority of the time,waiting for a setup,because mistakes are so costly,but if you cna manage that,3 or 4 trades a day is all you need,really just one a day for the combine objective,the mistakes are so costly part is their main objective,just an opinion

#15     Jul 1, 2013
  6. 1) The different combines have different account sizes, profit objectives and risk tolerances. You select the one you feel comfortable participating in. You don't "work your way through the different levels". Theoretically, you could get funded with the $30,000 account and then return to the combine to obtain one of the larger account sizes. Be willing to talk to the company officers for more info regarding that. :)
    2) The "procedure" is on the website. You find it. :D
    3) The size of the combine account is the account size you'll have when you become funded. :p
    4) The "price" keeps away deadbeats. Without it, everyone would go for the largest account, the company servers would be clogged up and wreckless trading would occur. The larger accounts can allow you to make more money with their larger position size. There is a "price to pay" for that though. The profit objective can become very intimidating, very quickly, if you fall behind the daily average pace. :cool:

#16     Jul 1, 2013
    VPhantom likes this.
  7. deaddog

deaddog

Thanks.
    The answer to number 5 makes sense in a way but I wonder why anyone would opt for a 10day vs a 20 day combine. I suppose to get funding more quickly.
    Tough criteria to meet. Way above my abilities.:D

#17     Jul 1, 2013
  8. Then you won`t make it.The whole model is about the support-resistance-retail-at home-scalping.With the TST Combine you`ll have to put some horizontal lines on you chart.

#18     Jul 10, 2013
  9. SteveH

SteveH

It's a misdirection. Their killing is made on each person spending $800+ with a set of rules tougher than you trading with your own money to ensure their odds of winning by many fold.

Invest in yourself, not them. Take your $800 and use that for real-time data fees (up to 3-5 years worth!) to diligently practice your intraday trading of the Crude futures with ONE CONTRACT ONLY and don't you dare risk more than 15 ticks per trade.

#19     Jul 10, 2013
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nothing could be more off. TST is NOT a scalper's model. Absolutely the worst approach to passing this is to try scalping.

#20     Jul 10, 2013
    viruscore1 and VPhantom like this.